[MAFIA] SIMPLE MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There are no votes on Cap so I don't see the point in switching to him. This close to the end of the day that would be the equivalent of cancelling my vote. There are only 3 hours left in the day phase.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Remember if we don't hammer then we don't lynch.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Wait, 3 hours? Aren't there 15 hours left?
LockeZ
Wait, shit, there are 15 hours left. I didn't realize Cavedog's timer updated on its own, I thought it was 15 hours from the time he posted. OK. That's very different.

So yeah, I will admit I misunderstood one of Isrieri's posts, and now that he explained it, it just looks regular dumb instead of extra-crazy dumb. I still don't know where he's getting all his reads from but, like... at least it's not insanity? It's just a giant list of town and scum reads with absolutely no reason given for any of them.

...When I say that out loud like that, I'm not really sure I should change my vote. Oh well.

#cancel
#lynch Cap_H

I'll change it back to Isrieri doing so would be the hammer vote. He's still in my top two, since no one else has registered as scummy at all to me.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Well, I agree with not cancelling on Isrieri, but I don't agree with voting Cap. With there only being two scum, I don't think they would try a suicide fakeclaim to draw out a cop. I think it's more likely Cap actually does have knowledge of no cop existing and he just messed up saying so.

At least you're making more sense now and actually voting the way your posts seem to imply you want to vote, so I feel more confident about lynching Ebeth than you.

#Lynch Ebeth
Jeroen_Sol
author=Jeroen_Sol
Well, I agree with not cancelling on Isrieri

I meant I agree with cancelling on Isrieri, obviously.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I like Ebeth for it waaay over Cap H and especially Gourd.

Ebeth however has jumped between just about every close and early hammer train so far. First Isri, then Gourd. For someone who I saw as innocent in the beginning became very defensive to anyone posting against her or that didn't agree.

I'm on the fence about Demonlord, LockeZ and Psy. And generally feel better about Jero.

So #lynch_Ebeth for now. I'm seeing about 11 hours or so left so that could change and that should also but Ebeth at 3 votes unless I missed something.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Ebeth - 3: Psy_wombats, Jeroen_Sol, Infectionfiles
Isrieri - 3 : Ebeth, LockeZ, demonlord, Cap_H, Gourd_Clae
Gourd - 2 : Jeroen_Sol, Jeroen_Sol, Isrieri, Ebeth
Cap_H - 1 : Demonlord, Isrieri, LockeZ
Demonlord - 0: Jeroen_Sol
Not Voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to execute someone. By the way, in case it has not become clear from many games with me, a failure to place 5 votes on one person will result in a no-hang.

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I dunno what to tell you guys. I voted for Isrieri to try to get him to talk. I voted for Gourd because I think something's off about him. I'm probably playing poorly but I can assure you that I'm not scum.

If I'm gonna remain a top suspect though I'd rather you lynch me today rather than tomorrow as I'm going out of town for a few days (leaving tonight) and I'm probably going to be less active then anyway.
Ebeth
Also I agree that it seems like Cap is probably not scum. I think Isrieri was playing weird but I don't think he's scum.
@LockeZ: I /really/ don't think Cap is scum -- he effectively accidentally claimed on day 1. You're really going to try to lynch a likely PR? Why are you even voting him? (also Isrieri's "reads" were just garbage to bait discussion, his only bite resulted in cap outing himself, great)

@demonlord @Gourd @Cap: Isrieri is still your top?

@Ebeth: Who do you think is scum? Gourd?
Ebeth
Quoting myself here to save time. "Currently - besides Gourd- my only scum leans are IF (he's posted much less than others and when he drops in it usually seems to be him parroting others- a good fly under the radar scum tactic."
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, Is there anyone who would switch to Isri?
Demon, Gourd, LockeZ, Would you hammer Ebeth, if I switch?
They're my top suspects right now, so I'm ok with either.

LockeZ, why did you react to Jero's post this way? You should have written why you had voted Isri over me. This looks slightly sketchy. You could have all reasons to vote me but it seems wrong as a reaction to an accusation.
Ebeth
I will move my vote if it means getting a lynch -even if its myself. If we end with no lynch that will give town no info so its better to hang someone.
Sorry I'm late, busy morning. I'm completely fine switching to ebeth since she was one of my scum reads. Just to get this rolling I'll go ahead and switch my vote now.

#cancel
#lynch Ebeth
Jeroen_Sol
I don't really buy your willingness to suicide, but just in case it's genuine:

Time for mafia 101.

All players, regardless of alignment, should always self pres.

Scum obviously don't want to get killed, so should self pres if necessary.

Town know the alignment of exactly one person, namely themselves. Self preserving switches the lynch from someone who has a 0% chance of being scum to someone who has some chance of being scum, or to nobody, which is always preferable.

So Ebeth, if you're town, don't suicide. A lynch is always preferable to a nolynch, yes, but only if that lynch has a chance of hitting scum. If you know a lynch has a 0% chance of hitting scum, you should try to prevent it at all costs.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I'm not voting Ebeth. I have a bad feeling about this.

But I don't think I could stop the rest of you. So someone else hammer it.

All I will say is that Jeroen made a pretty decent point that both mafia might not want to jump on a train, but if there was enough suspcion they could sling on someone the next day, I don't see why they wouldn't give it a shot, especially not if they thought they had most of town on their side.

However if he's right and Cap_H/Gourd can't both be mafia, then we need to pay attention to the votes today.

Ebeth please don't be mafia I'm banking on you here.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Also for reference:

Those Voting Ebeth

• Psy_wombats
  • demonlord
  • Jeroen_Sol
  • InfectionFiles
Ebeth
I am not mafia- and while I get what you're saying about self pres Jeroen- if I die at least y'all would be able to look at the voting patterns and such. I could be persuaded to change my vote off of Gourd but right now it's me or Isrieri with the most votes and I really don't think he's scum.
Jeroen_Sol
I don't think Isrieri is scum either, but I'm not 100% certain, and if you're not scum, neither should you be. Don't get me wrong, I still suspect you, but if you're town, you should definitely self pres.