[MAFIA] RMN: WHEN THEY CRY (TEA PARTY)

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=TungerManU
author=Yellow Magic
I'm still as suspicious of Gourd as ever.
Hold on. Your original reason for your vote was this:
author=Yellow Magic
I wonder if there's a correlation between the number of 'XD's someone uses and how scummy they are.

I want to test this theory

Maybe you'd like to at least mention the reason why you're the most suspicious of him now? Assuming the original reason wasn't serious.

I mean I don't mind if Gourd gets lynched, since he doesn't seem necessarily super town to me and I don't really have any scum "hard reads", but I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this lynch train.

Okay, fine, you're right. I initially voted for Gourd as a joke but didn't want to admit it once everyone else actually started voting for him.

But, like, what do you want me to say that wouldn't be seen as me Mafia bandwagoning? I'm now voting for Gourd for the same reasons that Mufflez and Jeroen are.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Tungerman brought up his next post here.

His post after that is just mafia-dadding, and then he adds cap_h to his scumlist after gourd, again without reasoning, which I find suspect because I was voting cap_h and I was the one asking him. idk, it seems like he just wanted to throw out some 'scumreads' that looked good. also he wouldnt answer me about who he thought was scum at first.

I already explained my reasoning for Cap-H, it's right here: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23722/?post=847858#post847858, and if it pleases you, replace "Yo mama" with "Piano" in number 3. That's not to all three in my --List-- are all scum at the same time - I have no idea what the whole scum team looks right now, which makes sense because it's, you know, Day 1.
Yellow Magic
That's not to say all three in my --List--*
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I feel pretty good about ozzy. Rereading the game it feels like there's a logical thread in his posts and I can see them all coming from a town POV. I'm not as opposed to the gourd lynch as he is but I can understand being paranoid about it.

Ok, thanks. I'll need to reread it too.
YM, suspecting me just for making a list early is stupid. It's easier to keep your positive reads hidden.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
alright.

#cancel

#lynch gourd
Yellow Magic
author=Cap_H
YM, suspecting me just for making a list early is stupid. It's easier to keep your positive reads hidden.

No it's not, it's very easy to say who you think is Town if you know who's Town.

It's also easy to say who you "can't get a read on" if they're Mafia.

The guns come out of the boxes at some point. LockeZ waves one around in the air as he bellows at Tungerman. Demonlord starts gesturing at Gourd with his, but not before Ozzy lunges for it. Someone accidentally smacks Piano in the chin with a rifle butt.

Jero and Yellow take shelter in a corner, where they're soon joined by Esby, who asks "Huh, is your family always like this? I thought I made a pretty good suggestion."

"Pretty much," apologizes Yellow.

"Hey," says Jero, walking over to Cave. "Don't cry. I'm sure your dad and my parents and the rest of the adults will be able to sort everything out in a calm and logical - "

BAM!

Smoke fills the hall. Cap shrieks again. Seemingly an eternity later, there's another THUMP, and as the circle opens, it becomes clear -- there's another body on the floor, that of Gourd C. Aremen.

"An accident..." says Demonlord. "But we all thought Gourd planted that letter."

Piano backs up. "It couldn't be anyone's fault, could it? I mean..."

LockeZ shrugs. "Well the marriage wasn't the best."

After a pause, Muffles looks up from her position next to Gourd on the floor. "Yep. Dead. And checking the body... Mhm. No witch wigs, envelopes, gasoline, matches, anything witchy at all, really. Only thing Gourd died with was a rifle."

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - 0: Yellow Magic, Cap_H
OzzyTheOne - 1: pianotm, TungerManU, demonlord5000
Gourd_Clae - 7: LockeZ, Yellow Magic, OzzyTheOne, LockeZ, Muffle, pianotm, Jeroen_Sol, demonlord5000, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Muffle - 1: LockeZ, Gourd_Clae
LockeZ - 0: OzzyTheOne, Muffle
Cap_H - 1: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, pianotm, OzzyTheOne, OzzyTheOne
pianotm - 1: ESBY

Gourd_Clae: Aremen Gunman is dead, killed by mob justice.

And so the night begins. No more posting until the thread reopens tomorrow. Please submit any night actions before the end of the night. If everything comes in early there's a chance Day 2 will start a little earlier.

Night 1 will end in:
The Tea Party
Twilight 1 (day 2 will begin shortly)

Gourd C. Aremen arrives in a rose garden. It looks suspiciously like the garden surrounding the Aremen estate. Except in this world, there's no sign of the hurricane and the sky is a cloudless blue. Somewhere, a seagull cries.

Set up on the front balcony is a table with two chairs, and placed on that table, a chessboard. And seated on one of those chairs... the Golden Witch!

"Welcome, Gourd," she cackles. "Enjoying the mystery so far?"

"Er, it doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me," Gourd answers. "So far you've only killed Kenton and then my own feckless family members killed me."

"But what about Kenton's corpse? And the letter? Do you believe in witches now?"

"Um, not really. In fact, before my own husband shot me, the theory was that Piano and LockeZ are the culprits, not any witch."

"Oh, now, is that really what they think back on the gameboard?" The witch smirks. "Time to make things more... interesting."

Dawn of Day 2 story:

The day opens with a dismal breakfast. Due to the hurricane, the telephone line to the mainland isn't working, much less the ferry. Piano serves toast and pancakes as Demon, Tungerman, and Ozzy dig through Kenton's papers looking for anything resembling a will. Meanwhile, LockeZ starts in on the insurance paperwork concerning the death of his spouse.

"Damn, this is a pain!" he yells as Muffles brings him the death certificate. "I blame you for this, Demon!"

"Hey, you're equally responsible," says Demon. "You should've just gotten a divorce."

Over in the parlor, Yellow and Cave do their best to console Jeroen about the death of Gourd, although not to much success. Finally, Cave holds up an envelope with the Aremen seal.

"Here Jero! The witch said this should cheer everybody up!"

"W-what..." gasps Jeroen. "A letter?"

Dear Aremens and friends,

Don't bother looking for a will. Kenton already gave you his will, as referenced in my previous message. Solve the riddle, find the gold. Else there won't be anything to inherit... or any Aremens left to inherit it.

In this game the only possible outcome is either you all or me winning. If you run out of time, I will win. There are no draws. Please do not misunderstand that.

-- The Golden Witch

Welcome all, to the start of Day 2.
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

This day will end at:

Ending in a full 48 hours, nothing new. PSA from day 1: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23722/?post=847472#post847472
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I told you muppets not to kill gourd and now we lost our town gunman, good job!
I got attacked by a shadow last night. I'm not sure why it didn't kill me unless I got protected somehow.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
he would've assuredly murdered several innocents anyway.

also no death??
I deeply regret lynching Gourd.

Ozzy, don't yell at us. How did you know? I mean, what made you suspect Gourd was a villager? Was it just a gut feeling? I'm just curious since it just seemed there was so much suspicion coming from them.
Once I saw the green lettering I knew. I knew I had fucked up.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Nah, don't regret it. You almost never lynch right on day 1 and he did something really screwy anyway. And Ozzy didn't know; he just read Gourd different.

So, on a side note, somebody tried to kill me too. Apparently, I hid in a closet.
pianotm
So, the voting list.

Gourd_Clae - 7: LockeZ, Yellow Magic, OzzyTheOne, LockeZ, Muffle, pianotm, Jeroen_Sol, demonlord5000, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

I can guarantee that at least one of these people is scum. I'm disinclined to think Cave is scum since he literally waited until the last minute. LockeZ was the first to vote, followed by YM (And then LockeZ canceled and eventually voted again), but obviously, I led the bandwagon.
pianotm
LockeZ is a hard town read for me.
Yellow Magic is Yellow Magic, and he's absent enough that he's going to be a difficult read.
Muffle, I'm not sure about. She read as new town to me, but now that Gourd has flipped town, I'm looking at the way she and LockeZ bickered.
Jeroen_Sol, he tried to be helpful, but he might be helpful scum.
demonlord5000's lack of posting and how little he's actually contributed is concerning.

I only switched because I didn't want a nolynch myself. I'm thinking piano is town because that flavor is similiar to my own. I dove behind the cover of a stairwell. I wasn't sure if it was relevent so I left that part out, and now I'm glad I did since it lets me vouch for piano.

That basically leaves everyone else. If I have anything on cave right now, it's that his chaotic moments seem a bit more...tame this game. I'm not sure if a lead but yeah.

I'll also be more active today. The other day just happened to be a bad day for it to start for me.
author=pianotm
LockeZ is a hard town read for me.
Yellow Magic is Yellow Magic, and he's absent enough that he's going to be a difficult read.
Muffle, I'm not sure about. She read as new town to me, but now that Gourd has flipped town, I'm looking at the way she and LockeZ bickered.
Jeroen_Sol, he tried to be helpful, but he might be helpful scum.
demonlord5000's lack of posting and how little he's actually contributed is concerning.

Um, how is bickering exactly suspicious anyway? If I am correct, none of us know who is Town and who is Mafia, and we aren't allowed to talk in PM anyways. So it's not like I and LockeZ were like "Oh we're Mafia let's team up to look all towny". I think that sounds a bit far-fetched considering this point. However, I do understand why it does seem a bit strange mostly since we both voted for Gourd right after that. But as I said before, I was going to vote to lynch Gourd before the bickering. The reason we bickered was that I was arguing my case, as court and law. Also, I'm not even smart enough to form a plan like that even if I wanted too XD The reason why I regret it is because the gunner is usually very handy in these cases. But at least it does point us in a direction, I guess.

As of right now, I'm honestly stumped :\ I have my eye on LockeZ because I know how smart he is, that's not my full reasoning of course because that's idiotic. Cave is making a lot of chaotic good (or maybe neutral?) so I honestly can't tell, I'm reading kind of innocent but you can never be sure. Especially since I totally read Gourd completely wrong. Everything else is as pianotm said, though some of Esby and Ozzy's comments do come off a little bit strange - though this could be because they're kind of one-liners.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
If two people got attacked, it heavily implies one got attacked by town. That means being attacked is no indication of anyone's alignment.

author=pianotm
So, the voting list.

I can guarantee that at least one of these people is scum.

Of this list, demon and Yellow are most scummy to me. demon's reason for joining the bandwagon wasn't convincing to me. I agree with having a lynch over a nolynch, but that "not having a valid argument before my next post" business doesn't sit right with me. A valid argument for or against what? That doesn't answer my question of what was his original reason for suspecting Gourd, even if he wasn't fully convinced. YM's "But, like, what do you want me to say that wouldn't be seen as me Mafia bandwagoning?" line feels like lampshading to me. One of the best ways to deal with people thinking something is scummy is to accept it looks scummy and then try to move on.

I'm also still wary of Ozzy. It's not rare for scum to vehemently defend a doomed townie to get towncred on flip.