JOKER WILD MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Anger? No no no no no... I have gone into full JOKER mode now!!! =D

But trying to compare my rainbow Joker letters to Ozzy's attempt to use the standard blue color for Town? I dunno, Odd...
#cancel

#lynch Dyluck

It's the only way town is getting any kind of kill and I'll risk you being a Jester for it. This whole play of acting as though you didn't vote yourself to kill yourself when you had the chance because you were mad reads dumb to me. If you were that mad that you didn't want to play anymore, you'd have taken the easy way out and lynched yourself, with a win to rub in people's faces as a "Look at how dumb you guys are, you lost, I won."

I don't buy it, but I do buy that clint called out out on his last day, so... sayonara. We can kill egg tomorrow.
* A DELIBERATE kill of any kind. I think we kind of fucked into yesterday's lynching, tbh.
Also? I think I'm being kept alive so that someone can leech off my skill. The Alchemist can use someone else's role, and nothing says they ain't scum. Now you could say "If we lynch you, we take away their ability to pick a town power kill" but honestly, there's not time to do that. We need to hit a scum on lynch in order to live past the next day or so and give ourselves the best chance to win. They're gonna kill someone during the night anyway, so we might as well go for broke.

Since my power only lets them know that someone has a power and not what it is, they can't target specific roles.

Also, Dyluck, that weird talk about "Ozzy coloured his role blue and not his alignment" is silly since his alignment, in your example, was coloured red. He'd know it was alignment and not role that was coloured, even if he isn't town.
Dyluck
I was only mad at you. There was no need to rub a win in anyone's face. If I had won the game there, you would still be thinking that I was accusing you of cheating, to goad you into voting me to win the game. I didn't take the win there to show that I wasn't doing that. But anyways, I don't want to talk about that anymore.
Dyluck
Anyways back to JOKER mode!!!

If I'm going to make this "bluff", then I may as well go ALL IN, right?

#Lynch Dyluck

Now let's see who has the stomach to drop the final Hammer vote on me! Or will Scum Ozzy be forced to take back his vote, revealing himself?

Or will I have the last laugh?

HA HA HA HA HA
I am not voting for Dyluck today under any circumstances.

#vote Eggbertx who is the only other person I think a vote can be mustered against right now, although scum-Ozzy is slightly more likely. More in a sec, I refreshed and *stuff* happened.

@Odd @Eggbertx: please post who you think is scum and for the love of god don't vote dyluck
Dyluck
author=Liberty
Also, Dyluck, that weird talk about "Ozzy coloured his role blue and not his alignment" is silly since his alignment, in your example, was coloured red. He'd know it was alignment and not role that was coloured, even if he isn't town.

No, because his card would read as vanilla Mafia, so he mistakenly thought Mafia was the role, because the role came before the alignment, and "vanilla" doesn't sound as much like a role name.

Whereas for a PR, it would read like "You are Town aligned Doctor", where the alignment comes before the role.

You are vanilla Mafia
vs
You are Town aligned Doctor
no, because it would read

You are Mafia/color] aligned Alchemist

And a vanilla town would be

You are vanilla Town
... lemme fix that

author=Liberty
no, because it would read

You are Mafia aligned Alchemist

And a vanilla town would be

You are vanilla Town

As shown in the below:

Sample town role PM:
You are vanilla town. You win when all mafia are dead.

Sample mafia role PM:
You are vanilla mafia. You win when the number of mafia-aligned players is equal to or greater than the number of town-aligned players.

Joker role PM:
You are the Joker. You are immune to night-kills. You win if you are successfully lynched. You will lose if the game ends in any other way.

The ALIGNMENT is coloured no matter the role. The only one who'd know if it were different would be scum. That you're making this a point of contention is even more scummy.

Honestly, I think Ozzy just coloured the role to make it stand out more. Chose blue because he was making a town claim at the same time. I'd have probably done the same thing if I were of a mind to colour stuff because who honestly thinks about making colour emphasis an argument point.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think you're at least 75% scum and as you pointed out, our town PI hadn't been able to use his ability when throwing the egg stuff around, but he had had PLENTY of chance to check you out - and would have with the conflict you and I were having - and deemed you scum.

That's enough for me. Our PI died so we could know you were a naughty, naughty boy.
Dyluck
I... don't know what you were trying to say because the color tags are messed up, but:

This is from Emily's first post in the thread:
You are vanilla mafia. You win when the number of mafia-aligned players is equal to or greater than the number of town-aligned players.

This is from Clint's death flip:
You are a town Private Eye. You win when all mafia are dead.

You can see that the alignment/role position is different. Easy for someone to make a mistake.
For one thing, the timing is a desperation play for joker or town, not scum. Scum failing their wincon here doesn't end the game, but for the jester/town, it does. Hell, I'm ready to believe Dyluck is town before he's scum, in which case good job Dyluck because this is like the only thing that would prevent me voting against you thereby losing us the game.

Basically, the only reason I didn't think Dyluck was the joker today was because he didn't self-vote at the end of the day yesterday, which I guess is sufficient
author=Dyluck
I am in fact the Joker, and yes I would have won the game at the end of Day 3 with a self vote. That was the plan all along, if I wasn't so mad that I didn't want to play anymore at the time. In my mind now, I already won the game at the end of Day 3. And now with a lynch on me all but imminent, I probably would have won again anyways. For me, there's no need to officially win the game here anymore, so I'm going to try something else instead.

actual scumhunting
#cancel
#vote OzzyTheOne
that was a dumb vote on my part, I felt like I had to offer an alternative to the Dyluck train, but a miskill today is the same as killing the joker, so just going to have to get everyone on board, so prepare for teethpulling

I don't think analyzing the color of Ozzy's claim has any merit. Revisiting it again, what I do think matters is that it's non-interactive. Spy and alchemist only make sense in a world where there are a bunch of interactive night powers to act with. So take a look at those powers:
- spy: night-activated, "meta" ability that detects other night-activated abilities, vague town utility
- PI: night-activated, "meta" ability that detects other night-activated abilities, vague town utility
- alch: night-activated, "meta" ability that affects other night-activated abilities, vague town utility
And then you have priest, which is strictly negative utility and does not interact with any other confirmed role. I also like the way Ozzy has been using it to drop early votes with it as an excuse when at no point have we been in a place where a hammer was likely, let alone Ozzy needing to drop one.

Most of what I was thinking was town-y was I think backing up EggbertX who has been null to townish for me. Going for the spy=evil suggestion from Dy looks slightly worse now that I'm convinced Liberty is town (or I'm at least prepared to stake the game on it).

I think whoever the alchemist is should claim now. Dyluck wasn't wrong when he brought up that neither Ozzy nor I were using that process-of-elimination reasoning, and my 'why' probably only makes sense once we see who the alchemist actually is. Anyone else with a negative utility role should probably claim too, within reason.
Color tags aren't copied if you're c/p'ing from your pm anyway. It's in both town and scum's interest to make their claims as believable as possible, so him manually (mis-)applying the formatting is a null tell at best.

@Dyluck: would be willing to vote for someone other than yourself today? In a universe where you're town pretending to me joker to salvage the game, you realize it can't actually be won with your vote on someone other than scum yeah? I hadn't realized that yes town does need the mercy of jester to win here
Dyluck
Huhuhuhuhu I'm excited to see what Ozzy will do....

To be honest Libby, I hope you don't take back your vote on me. Then Ozzy will be forced into a conundrum!

If he is Scum, he will be forced to keep his vote on me, or take it back and acknowledge that I am the Joker, but thereby proving that my accusations on him are correct!

In fact, Libby, if you take back your vote on me now, that'll make you look sus too! So no takey backsies now! =D

Huhuhuhuhu!
Liberty I definitely won't suspect you if you retract your vote haha. I'm basically assuming Liberty=town at this point to reason effectively about anything.

like, he's one away from hammer, c'mon
Dyluck
author=psy_wombats
@Dyluck: would be willing to vote for someone other than yourself today? In a universe where you're town pretending to me joker to salvage the game, you realize it can't actually be won with your vote on someone other than scum yeah? I hadn't realized that yes town does need the mercy of jester to win here

No Psy, because if I am the JOKER, I have to play this bluff to the very end!

Besides, you didn't think I was really going to help the Town win, did you? I'm the JOKER, and the JOKER only looks out for the JOKER!

HA HA HA HA HA!
author=Liberty
That's enough for me. Our PI died so we could know you were a naughty, naughty boy.

There's no PI reading that could differentiate scum from jester. They'd both show up vanilla.
alright I'll be back tomorrow. TLDR:

@Oddrabbit @Eggbertx: please say whether or not you're the alchemist
@Liberty @Ozzy: on the offchance he's bluffing town please unvote dyluck before someone quickhammers him
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Ok, that was quite the show you gave there Dyluck, whether you are town or not, I can tell for certain that you are not the Joker, Dyluck, as you've made a gigantic oversight. Clint clearly left us a very obvious message that your flavour wasn't "bland", that it was a little more exotic, meaning you are NOT vanilla. Now, why is this fact important?

author=AlaskanEmily
Day 4 starts now!Clint died during the night
They were a town aligned Private Eye.

You are a town Private Eye. You win when all mafia are dead.

Each night, you may target one player. You will learn the name of their role. If that player is killed during the night, you will also die.

For the purposes of your ability, vanilla town, vanilla mafia, and the Joker will all appear as "vanilla".

Day 4 will end in 72 hours.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to hammer.

Because in Clint's role reveal, it says that the Joker appears as VANILLA, yet, according to Clint, Dyluck was NOT VANILLA. Meaning, Dyluck is not, can not and never will be the Joker. What worries me even more now, is that Psy half mentioned this fact over here:

author=psy_wombats
author=Liberty
There's no PI reading that could differentiate scum from jester. They'd both show up vanilla.

Yet Psy is still uncertain whether Dyluck is Joker or Town? Come on, I might not be super perceptice, but that will not fly over my head. In any half decent alternate universe, psy would've realized that Dyluck can't be the Joker, yet he is willing to doubt it. Come on Psy, you can do better than that ;)

Anyhow, the end point I'm trying to get to is that Dyluck is not the Joker and that he has a role that he is not divulging, duh. And the fact that Psy didn't realize the LYLO with 7 players thing (which I personally would've never realized because I usually don't anazlye the game that deeply) also casts a gigantic red flag, Psy is always on point with these things and didn't notice it at all? Riiiiight.

So, my final conclusion? Dyluck is not the Joker, and Psy is scum for showing an uncharacteristic level of anti-perception.
Anti-perception: the absolute lacking of the ability to see something as obvious as Dyluck's lie, you scummy scum scum.

Now, whether they are both scum, Dyluck is town and Psy is scum, I am uncertain, but there's a scum between these two, and I am at least 100% that Psy_Wombats is scum. If you'll excuse me, I'll be back after I've read through the whole thread 3 more times.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Also, at this point in time, I'm pretty sure Libby is town, for what that is worth.