THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I'm really liking the second text on the most recent map post. It's much smoother and easier on the eyes than the first. I feel like the bold in the first one also makes a few bits of letters a bit too blobby to be easy to read. Bold works well for print style fonts, but not so much cursive, since there's so much overlapping in it.

-----------------

Ugh, I've been working on a menu mockup for Papergame, but I keep getting mixed responses about which version of it people like best. Think I could get some help from you guys?

This:

Vs.

This:

Or neither, if it looks terrible, of course.
It took me a long time to see a difference between either version. Flip a coin to settle the matter? I think they both look quite fine!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Deckiller is there no way to take that crappy grass outline along the water and cliff? Otherwise, nice rtp mapping, you scare me.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
The <SHIFT> key works in all RM* programs since 2k, so the grass should be able to be killed.

Ganonfrog, use the one with the shadow on the boxes. It helps them stick out more, naturally.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=treeghost
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
Please write the "what the fuck" completely out and stop making these (fucking long) periods they're just annoying. Since we're all adults(more or less) we should be able to handle "dirty" words. The worst possible thing you could do is to write a additional "eff". It's like an instant coup de grâce.

But nevertheless I really love your graphic style it reminds me somehow of the old sqool german rpgmaker classics like "Alte Macht" or "Dreamland".

Keep it up.

I want to write more swears than Fuck but my fam get angry when they know about it.
Okay, I'll make all the necessary changes to convert to the second fixed screenshot. Thanks for the assistance, gentlemen. All your base are belong to yourselves.
author=PentagonBuddy
It took me a long time to see a difference between either version. Flip a coin to settle the matter? I think they both look quite fine!
It took me even longer to notice. (and there is no way I'm going to reveal the secret now!)

I concur, flip a coin. They are both excellent and you can't really go wrong with either and agonizing over it is a waste of time.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Don't listen to these people. I noticed the shadow on the second menu immediately, and it's much better. The first shot blends the interface into the background far too much.
author=kentona
author=PentagonBuddy
It took me even longer to notice. (and there is no way I'm going to reveal the secret now!)

I concur, flip a coin. They are both excellent and you can't really go wrong with either and agonizing over it is a waste of time.

yeah, it took forever, with a line THAT unnoticeable, it doesn't matter, took me roughly ten-twelve round trips of scrolling to figure it out
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I don't think I would ever have seen it but once Craze pointed it out I was able to see it immediately. It is a very, very minor difference though.

I have no idea why, but just to confuse things as much as possible, I seem to like the FIRST one better? What Craze said about the interface and the background makes lots of sense, but in spite of that the first one looks better to me, I think.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Second one is better for the reasons Craze said.
First one is better for the reasons Max said.
(my original point still stands - quit agonizing over it and pick one. it's not worth the time)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Craze
The <SHIFT> key works in all RM* programs since 2k, so the grass should be able to be killed.

Ganonfrog, use the one with the shadow on the boxes. It helps them stick out more, naturally.

I tried it without the grass outline, but it actually looked worse :O Using shift still keeps some of the grass around the corners, which makes it look ten times worse than having that consistent smooth grass border edge.
@ganonfrog: Definitely the second screen because of the outlines it makes it stick out more, whereas the first screen looks like it's part of the background.

@Solid89: Nice screen, now make a RMN profile and put up more screens!
@Solid89: It's pretty good, but I it just looks so square and symmetrical.

Here's one more Zelda shot!

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Oh my god yes. What engine is that zelda game in?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
೦ ಊ
There's about to be a pregnant pause in this thread.