THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

@SnowOwl That's a good point. I guess it's a short walk through area, but you have to do it everyday. The protagonist wakes up every day and does the same things, brushes teeth, catches bus to work, goes to his desk at the end of the row, and shuffles papers. Then he goes home via the bus again, eats dinner, puts on TV, and then goes to bed. This monotonous world is in contrast to the dreams he experiences, which are lucid and clear. So yeah, I guess I wanted to make the desks monotonous and same, to emphasize that it was a dull world that he lived in. But perhaps will put in some broken roof tiles and decay as you suggested to emphasize it is a horrible world he lives in.

@wildwes That's true. Perhaps they got a ladder and climbed up? Maybe I should have a guy there still spray painting late at night. It's OK to be nitpicky, all the little details count. At the moment I'm trying to get them to spin around in a cycle, and you can walk under them.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You did an excellent job of conveying a dull, monotonous job. Make sure the protagonist's desk is in the second to bottom row. That way he has to walk past as many desks as possible without being in the bottom row. Because you want to make sure he's surrounded on three sides with identical corporate drones instead of just two sides, and you don't want to give him a window view. :) It's too bad there's no way to make the plant look plastic!

I would put fire escape stairs outside the building where that graffiti is, if possible. If you don't have the right tiles to pull that off, just move it down to the first floor.

The magic of DynRPG! (And >>this<< plugin)

Screen is German, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm sure you'll figure out what the options mean (It's pretty obvious after all).
@goldenroy I like the custom look and the general colour scheme. Perhaps I'd recommend the grey text like "Lv" and "<3" and "Spielzeit" to be orange in colour? It might look better, but I wouldn't know unless I saw it. Also, I think "Beenden" should not be in red, it stands out too much. You don't want the user to be drifting his eyes towards "Beenden" unconsciously everytime they visit the menu. It should be yellow as the rest of the options in my opinion.
Ja, es sieht eher aus, als stünde da "Löschen", statt "Beenden". :P
Doing a test of how Khas' Awesome Lighting Effects script does in my game's dungeons and caves. So far the results look pretty nice in comparison to how it looked without the lighting effects in the older screenshot on the same exact map.

Here is the older screenshot of the same area.

Though in it's newest version does not use Dark11 font but AvQest now since Dark11 is a bit of a mess as nice as it looks.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Looks nice so far. You should invest in a kill all autoshadows script since I doubt you'll be using VXAce's horrendous ones in a game like this.
Not a Screen Shot but it wouldn't fit on a screen anyway.

This is just the beginning (approx. work time: 12 hours)
@Itaju: Nice house you got there. I like the shading, but somehow, the colors feel a bit... dunno, drab to me.
author=Nemica
@Itaju: Nice house you got there. I like the shading, but somehow, the colors feel a bit... dunno, drab to me.

I really disagree. The palette is comforting, and really well done. The house looks beautiful.

The only thing that's bugging me is the roof of the very highest storey. The wooden panels are straight two-colours, and it doesn't fit in with the rest of the style. For example, the wooden roof on the storey below is more like what I would imagine it should look like.
@Itaju: Wow, that looks like it was really hard to put together. Looks awesome, though!

Default Menu. Still love myself some DynRPG!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Puck, are those... Diablo rips...?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You could do what I do, and just google image search for objects and use the photos as your textures.

The problem is doing shiny or curved objects because there's always glare. You have to either manually screw with them for an extra ten minutes per tile, or spend twice that long looking for photos. Also, any hope of maintaining a consistent direction for your light source just instantly and completely disappears. The other problem is it sort of doesn't look very good? It looks better than flat shapes with black borders around them, but nowhere near as good as properly done pixel art.

Also um I assume these jail cells are supposed to be using laser beams as bars, because otherwise they should not be purple, they should have doors, and the upper right room should just have the door open instead of the entire wall disappearing into thin air.
author=LockeZ
Also um I assume these jail cells are supposed to be using laser beams as bars, because otherwise they should not be purple, they should have doors, and the upper right room should just have the door open instead of the entire wall disappearing into thin air.

I think they're curtains? In either case, there is too much contrast between the purple and the gray behind it. Make the purple lighter in my opinion, or vary the colours a bit; do a bit of dithering. IDK, it just seems like 2 colours, but you need more shades of those colours.

Wallpaper looks nice though, as well as the beds.

Edit: Those rooms are a bit empty. You should fill them with stuff. Word.

Didn't see that coming, did you?
author=Itaju
amazing

I'll be right back, I have to go weep in a corner.
LockeZ
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.

Towers are underrepresented in RPG Maker and I got tired of not caring.
LockeZ
Man I don't think I would want to live there unless it has an elevator. And even then the elevator would take up like the entire tower?

The 16-bit tower tiles at a different resolution than the rest of the map make me sad, I know you know better :(

The way the cliffs to the right of the stairs connect to the stairs is extremely sketchy

What's with the bush in the place where the door should be? I assume that's there for a reason, I'm just curious what it is.