THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Depends if it's in a house or a mansion.

Mansion: Tables are bigger than they need to be. Remove the side chairs.

House: People sit close together and try to fit as many people at a table as possible. Keep the side chairs.

That's my first thought, anyway.
Um, it's supposed to be an outside food court.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Then... you shouldn't use a wood table or padded chairs!

Could use some feedback on these tiles I've been working on :)
Still working on adding shadows and blending the road into the grass.
author=LockeZ

As well as smaller tables: http://streeteatscolumbus.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/img_4917.jpg

author=Minnow

Looking good so far! Reminds me of Zelda quite a bit.
It's not a huge deal but isn't the trees and houses in different perspectives?
The trees seem to be in the traditional 45 degrees angle, but the houses isn't.
I like this perspective. I think it's nice.
But the trees and etc. are rather detailed, and the grass too bland. That, I find to bother me.
Besides this, awesome map! Gorgeous colors and pixelling.
@Minnow: Awesome! I have to agree with JosephSeraph, though. The grass looks really too bland in comparison to everything else.

Edited the classroom I posted earlier. I am not satisfied with the lighting effects yet and I need to tint the screen for a certain creepy/eerie effect, but I think the classroom has a lot more atmosphere now. So...I'm quite happy with how it turned out. =)

Edit: The tinted version.

author=Minnow

I like the look of the tiles, but the windows aren't scaled the same as all other building components. I would recommend taking them up at the same angle as the walls and doorways.
LockeZ
author=SnowOwl
It's not a huge deal but isn't the trees and houses in different perspectives?
The trees seem to be in the traditional 45 degrees angle, but the houses isn't.

I'm not sure how you can tell with all the trees basically just being leaves with like two to three pixels worth of trunk at the bottom. Tree trunks naturally get narrower as they go up, anyway, which would cancel out the perspective... if there were enough trunk to actually see.

Personally I'm basically in love with these tiles, though I agree the windows look odd. But for the second floor of that house I guess you'd have to make four differently angled windows to make it look right. See also: why 99% of 2D games all use a flat perspective.
I think it's the shading on the leaves of the smaller tree that's throwing off the perspective, I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks!

I'll play around with the windows and the grass too.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Minnow, those are really cute houses!

Question: Does it look okay, the way the name is represented on the far left even though Hisao's portrait is on the right?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Looks fine to me.

WRT the lighting in the classroom, it might be better for you to use the light bubbles to highlight important areas, or the central path. The eye is naturally drawn to bright, high-contrast areas, and the way you've currently got it, the most attractive area is the two desktops. Which, I assume, are not the most important areas.

For example, you might light the paths between the desks, and then the teacher desk (assuming that's a place the player needs to go). This would also consolidate the lit areas a bit more, and make the surrounding darkness a bit spookier.
@Sooz: That is a great idea. I knew that SOMETHING was not looking as good as it could, but I didn't realize what exactly. I will certainly change the lighting. Thank you. =)
author=LockeZ

I can't say this is better... The table is from McDonald tileset, so I thought it'd be more appropriate. :|

LockeZ
It definitely looks more appropriate, yeah. Grood jorb.
Haven't touched the trees or grass yet but do the windows look better now?

Also, any opinions on the scale of the character? I know that it's a little big compared to the houses but I can't seem to get it to look right if I make it smaller. Could the sprites work at this size or is it too jarring?