WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Somewhere in the back of my head is this idea of "Mornvember", where Kloe, TungerManU, Cap_H, and myself get back together this month to work on this game.

So far it hasn't happened yet, and I'm... strangely okay with that?
It's sort of lame that our first contact with it comes from here.

Looks interesting, working with 3d make creating assets more time consuming though... Just exporting stuffs (from blender) is often a hassle on it's own, and I doubt it has the large array of custom assets around that RM has.
unity
You're magical to me.
This tells me all I need to know about it.

author=Indra
Bought the thing. If you want even a bit of customisation or complexity stay the hell away.If you want to think of limitations:
>Battle system is dumb. The only thing you can really handle are elements and attack/defense.
>Only 3 stats for attack/defense/agi with no magic variants, you can only set a limited amount of elements.
>The ailemnt states are fixed and you can't change their effects or setup.
>No troop event configuration (you can only set actions as skills by hp or turn).
>No common events.
>No parallell events, only autorun or activate.
>Eventing interface is bulky with extremely limited commands.
>Single item screen with everythign on it as you picked it up (no sorting, it's a damn mess)
>NO SCRIPTED CAMERA CONTROLS. All you can do is (by map only) fix the camera in place. For a supposedly 3D engine where you CAN manually switch views that's a big ass flaw.
>Multitude other niggles.

A 3D Maker is exciting, but I think most of us would be better off waiting for a better one.
unity
You're magical to me.
Ah, didn't realize it might still be in development. If they develop it to a point where they add in/fix some of that stuff, I might be convinced to take a look.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
a shame it sounds terrible. this guy's pretty hot

and the town/dungeon maps actually look pretty sweet. i'd love to try to make an ff1 clone in it or something.

wonder why it uses a wizardry battle system though??? whyyyy won't you let me just code my own thing
I'm flip flopping between the two game ideas I mentioned earlier for my next project (once I'm moved and things settle down IRL) and for the straight-up horror one, I want to set it in my home state, Texas. Despite how big we are we don't get too much representation in video games, and it'd be nice to have a game that showcases the more positive aspects of our culture (by which I mean "everything besides the bigoted rednecks that give us a bad name". We're actually an extremely racially and culturally diverse area and I think people forget that sometimes).

Besides, who doesn't want a horror game that prominently features guitars and cowboy aesthetics? Because I sure want that. :P
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Pondering ways to make a post-apocalyptic game, perhaps with just one character for the players to play as at a time. This is especially daunting as I intend to just use the VX Ace RTP assets for tile-sets, and dunno how to get the post-apoc feel with such.

I do know that Max McGee (I think that's their username?) made a post-apoc dungeon crawl called Vermicide here, and I'm probs gonna replay it to a) finish it and b) see how he handled an abandoned fallout bunker with VX RTP assets.

Overall I might go the route of Phantasy Star 4 or The Dark Tower, and make the apocalyptic world less recognizable than what the locale on Earth would've been for us now. Or I could buy the zombie apocalypse resource pack but I'm pretty damn broke right now
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Working on Fleshing out the skill buy system in my dungeon crawler(s).

Gotta plan out all the skills and their material component costs! Very fun work, the tedious bit'll be to implement it into the engine.
I've been trying to create some animations for attacks that I'm trying to implement. I've been thinking of how different attacks would look, and I've been trying out different ideas on paper.

I've also been thinking about how I would showcase my characters through dialogue, showcasing aspects about them and drafting ideas for conversations that may be altered or removed entirely.

I've been working on the library menu today. Still needs some work though
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
oh my god the kerning on that font

what the fuck is wrong with you
Learning how AI works is fun... although understanding the process is tough. :(
Good thing top down rpgs don't need a super complex AI... (at least I hope so... and I get the feeling that I'm wrong D: )
author=LockeZ
oh my god the kerning on that font

what the fuck is wrong with you

What's wrong with you? This is a topic where we post pics of things we are working on and you are so surprised that my font needs work that you swear at me...
author=grindalf
author=LockeZ
Something LockeZ said that isn't unusual.
What's wrong with you? This is a topic where we post pics of things we are working on and you are so surprised that my font needs work that you swear at me...

That's just LockeZ.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I left all six of the children in my basement alive this week, so I don't think anything I've done is nearly as bad as that font.
I just started spriting the first member of The Squad for my next game.

He's a mage. He's kind of a smart-ass but I love him anyway. <3
author=Arcmagik
author=grindalf
author=LockeZ
Something LockeZ said that isn't unusual.
That's just LockeZ.

So basically he's an Ass