SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WIIU

author=J-Man
I voted K.Rool, now a small part of me kinda wishes for Shantae to get in the roster too. I mean c'mon, watching her transform into different animals and wreck the shit out of the enemies!? She could change herself to a light/medium/heavy weight fighter based on the animals she transforms to. :D

even WayForward wants Shantae in Smash! Yacht club games wants Shovel Knight in Smash too (who doesn't?) and even Phil Spencer (head Honchcrow of XBox) said it'd be cool if Banjo and Kazooie were in smash. the possibilities are endless

some guy on 4chan did research on the polls to see who the frontrunners are. It's hard to say how accurate his research is but it'll give you the gist of it
Paper Mario could be fun, but SLIME would be awesome!

Also, I am still shocked Toad is not in this already from the start.
Paper Mario would be cool if they threw out Doc Mario or something. Don't need three Marios in the same bloody game unless it has Mario in the title.

Krystal would also be cool, it would be good to see at least one piece of female furry representation somewhere every once in a while. It would probably convince a LOT of Krystal fans to buy the game as well.
It'd be cool if they let her use her staff thingy.

But eh, characters already in the game as an assist trophy or whatever have no chance of getting an upgrade? Well, so much for my Saki vote! (and before anyone complains about more sword users, ITS A LASER BATON TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAIZ)

Shoulda voted Toad, to round out the playable Mario cast. No, wait, shoulda voted for Plum (Mario Golf) for more female characters! No, wait, one of the animal friends from LoZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, whichever it was! Nonono, shoulda voted Klonoa WAHOO! Or maybe ...

author=Xenomic
author=kentona
NO. The game is dangerously close to being Fire Emblem Bros. as it is. We don't need any more obscure sword generic spiky haired jrpg heroes in Smash Bros. (We need less, actually)
But Kentona! She doesn't use any sword at all! She's a dragon that doesn't really use any weapons at that, other than different breath weapons (in FE3/12 anyways, depending on the dragonstone she's currently using). So she's still more unique than the 50 million sword users the series has!
Yeah, I remember a lot of people after Brawl's release were hoping for Hector or ANYBODY from FE that wasn't a sword user. Well, at least Robin uses magic in addition to the sword...
Aye, Robin was a fresh choice even if he does use a sword quite a bit. At least he's better than Lucina is. Hector or Ephraim both would've been interesting too, though having a magic-user was a good choice (and since Awakening was the most recent game, figured they would've pulled someone from there. Though I figured they'd use Tharja for a magic user since EVERYONE seemed to like her for whatever reason I cannot fathom).

Also Kentona, thinking on your comment, the game's already like Mario/Pokemon Brawl as it is, what with how many characters from those two franchises are in. Sure, they're more notable than FE but still!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I put my vote in for Shantae. Even if not likely, I'd still love to see a character like that in this game.
author=Ratty524
I put my vote in for Shantae. Even if not likely, I'd still love to see a character like that in this game.
the more i think about it the more i like the idea of her in Smash. she's SO unique, she has a history with Nintendo as well as the indie scene, and she has a lot of moveset options. Plus she's adorable! I'd love to see what a Shantae stage would look like. Shovel Knight seems to have a large following too (myself included), so hopefully we'll see in October!

author=Xenomic
Also Kentona, thinking on your comment, the game's already like Mario/Pokemon Brawl as it is, what with how many characters from those two franchises are in. Sure, they're more notable than FE but still!
I like Tiki (and Anna for that matter) but I'm happy with the four FE chars we have. However; FE is HUGE in Japan even if we aren't crazy about her, and if she plays as big a role in the upcoming games as she did previously I'd say her chances aren't bad

author=Pizza
Paper Mario would be cool if they threw out Doc Mario or something. Don't need three Marios in the same bloody game unless it has Mario in the title.

Krystal would also be cool, it would be good to see at least one piece of female furry representation somewhere every once in a while. It would probably convince a LOT of Krystal fans to buy the game as well.
I wish Dr. Mario had been replaced by Paper Mario ;-; seriously he's so much more interesting and relevant. don't even get me started on people voting for Cat Suit Mario!

Krystal has been heavily requested for a long time but she'll have to beat out Wolf's veteran status. We might have Star Fox U at this year's E3 and that would be the perfect time to announce either one of them

Also; relevant
Talking about SMTxFE? Yeah, I'm quite curious as to her role in that game for sure. She's always been a big fan favorite for the series too from what I know so there's that.
IT'S HAPPENING

for those who are unaware, there will be an update on June 14th that will include the new DLC veteran Lucas as well as a reskin of Battlefield called Miiverse. It has also been announced that game director Masahiro Sakurai is hosting a smash-exclusive video on the same day 7:40 a.m. Pacific / 10:40 a.m. Eastern!

apparently http://e3.nintendo.com/ says "NEW CONTENT APPROACHING" under the SmashBros section, so it is very likely a new DLC fighter will be announced at that time. Roy/Ryu perhaps?

Cool! I really hope they announce some new stages. The current ones leave a lot to be desired...It'd be cool if the 3DS stages made it onto Wii U as well, but that seems unlikely.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I hope they announce a patch that makes it fun.
author=Zeuzio
Cool! I really hope they announce some new stages. The current ones leave a lot to be desired...It'd be cool if the 3DS stages made it onto Wii U as well, but that seems unlikely.

After the last patch ppl noticed that Classic mode would select Battlefield as a 'Kirby' stage, possibly as a placeholder for a new stage . This is on the 3Ds but it seems likely as Miiverse is already confirmed as DLC for WiiU

author=Sailerius

Cool story bro
author=Miracle
Roy/Ryu perhaps?

- Or maybe it could be Dixie Kong! :O

(I’m not giving on her until the dream is over.)
I remember being kinda excited they were going to add new characters, but now I don't give a shit. Mega Man is the only character I will ever play as. I didn't even bother to cast a vote.

New stages would be nice. Tournament friendly stages without dumb gimmicks please.

author=Sailerius

Maybe your controller is broken. I have fun playing.
author=Link_2112
I remember being kinda excited they were going to add new characters, but now I don't give a shit. Mega Man is the only character I will ever play as. I didn't even bother to cast a vote.

i can understand that. but even if you only play MM 100% of the time, DLC characters are still awesome because they're new Matchups to learn

author=Link_2112
New stages would be nice. Tournament friendly stages without dumb gimmicks please.

AMEN. Project M has some really incredible stages that are gorgeous too. although honestly I'd be happy with the option to turn off stage hazards too
Still waiting for Captain N to make his debut
author=kentona
Still waiting for Captain N to make his debut

I approve of this suggestion and your avatar/user title xD

So apparently this managed to get leaked out a day before the Smash direct happened, but Ryu from Street Fighter and Roy from Fire Emblem are going to be playable characters as DLC fighters. But not only just that, but apparently Ryu is getting his own stage as well and even Dreamland 64 from the original Super Smash Bros. is coming back!

I’m pretty stoked for Ryu, actually. It’s amazing to see two of Capcom most famous representatives in Super Smash Bros. together. Maybe this might open up the future possibilities of Namco or Sega maybe getting a second rep? I doubt it, but this is still very, very cool. I’m definitely going to try him out. Street Fighter was the shit when I was a kid, and I always liked using Ryu and Ken whenever I played that game in the arcades.

As for Roy, I’m happy he’s back, as he was pretty wildly requested to bring back since the Melee days. I mean, for a lot of people, Marth and Roy in Super Smash Bros. is what got them into Fire Emblem in the first place, so it’s great to see Roy back. I mean, I guess the only downside to him coming back now is now we have three Fire Emblem characters who basically have the same similar moveset – but whatevers.
I saw this earlier today, as well as what Ryu and Roy are both like in gameplay. Ryu is...interesting to say the least. Seems that he uses the standard Smash format IN ADDITION to Street Fighter inputs (so you can use B for Hadoken, but putting in QCF + B will give you a stronger Hadoken, and HCF + B gives you Shakunetsu Hadoken). I can go into more details on Ryu if you guys are interested in hearing bout him~ Also, Ryu has TWO Final Smashes!

Roy though...from what I see, he's still pretty similar to Marth sadly. Even his Final Smash is somewhat similar. Somewhat...he doesn't charge forward at all, but it's still a Critical Hit (uses his Critical Hit animation with the Sealed Sword or whatever it was called in FE6).
I guess Capcom really wants to promote Street Fighter V. At this point out-there requests like Simon Belmont and Optimus Prime might actually stand a chance of happening lol. Super MUGEN Bros hype!

PS: Chibi Robo for Smash 4!