RPG MAKER MV IS A LARGE STEP BACKWARDS

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I finally gave MV a try after getting internet back on my main comp.

I can't really call it a full step forward, more like a tippy-toe step forward or the step that RPG Maker should have taken a long time ago.

I can't wait to start a real project with it!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Ratty524
I finally gave MV a try after getting internet back on my main comp.

I can't really call it a full step forward, more like a tippy-toe step forward or the step that RPG Maker should have taken a long time ago.

I can't wait to start a real project with it!

"this thing is pointless, i want to use it" is exactly how i feel too
The new Sci-fi RTP is the worst thing that could happen.
That's because, while it does suffer from the usual RTP problems, I actually rather like it and it makes me less likely to get in the tileset practice I need in my upcoming projects.
as somebody guessed my name is indeed andreas aspenberg. i do not feel anythhing about rpg maker mv. i am just more comfortable with vx ace as there scripts can be compiled directly in the rpg maker. it also enables full insight into each game`s sorce code which makes it more flexible. why should i go for mv when i have vx ace?
Craze
"i do not feel anythhing about rpg maker mv" indeed. anyway.

actually a lot of vx ace's code is in hidden classes that are only in the manual. that's not the case with mv.

i just spent the past half-hour editing how sideview actor animations worked, having the Troops tab open (for battle testing) in MV alongside Atom open with my entire code project. you don't even have to save the game in MV to have script changes occur when you battle test, which is the greatest fukin change. i'm sold =P

edit: ftr over ten of those minutes were spent wondering why the game wasn't running when i had missed a semicolon
MV DID YOU KNOW...? fact of the day - you can run events in the actual event page to see how it'll run. Highlight a series of events to see how they all run together. Just right-mouse-click and pick Test. ^.^

That and the return of the search feature are great additions. I think it's a step to the left, then half a step forward. It's still moving towards the future, it's just in a different universe is all~
Ratty524
author=Liberty
MV DID YOU KNOW...? fact of the day - you can run events in the actual event page to see how it'll run. Highlight a series of events to see how they all run together. Just right-mouse-click and pick Test. ^.^

Oh, that is fantastic.

I do have some other concerns, though. I made a single, shitty test map to tesplay, and everything was kind of laggy? Every time I made an input to navigate through menu options, there was always some kind of delay, and I'm wondering what the hell is causing it.

Speaking of input, the Xbox controller strangely works well when testplaying a battle through the troops database, yet it doesn't when you are doing a regular testplay. Dafuq?
Odd.

For the lag thing, do you have the newest version? There was, I believe, an update not long after the release date that knocked that on the head a bit. There's some memory leak issues, apparently, that they had to patch quickly.
Ratty524
I don't think so. Do I have to redownload this (I have the non-steam version)? >_>
Maybe just see if there's an update that got skipped. Steam should automatically update.
Is the newest version the one posted near the end of Oct.?

If so, here's the latest update for the standalone MV:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47569-rpg-maker-mv-updates/
Ratty524
Got, thanks!
author=Craze
you don't even have to save the game in MV to have script changes occur when you battle test, which is the greatest fukin change. i'm sold =P

my greatest pain
Was pretty disappointed in MV myself.

I made a bunch of concepts for how imo it should have been. You guys might find them interesting: http://finalbossblues.com/des/rpgmacker/rmui.html
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Despain
Was pretty disappointed in MV myself.

I made a bunch of concepts for how imo it should have been. You guys might find them interesting: http://finalbossblues.com/des/rpgmacker/rmui.html

Wow, that looks really sleek, like a RPG Maker made by Adobe or something.

Off topic, did you make Symbiote? That game was amazing and fun :DDDDDDD
author=unity
Wow, that looks really sleek, like a RPG Maker made by Adobe or something.

Off topic, did you make Symbiote? That game was amazing and fun :DDDDDDD

ya thx :D
Craze
despain why. now i want that.
Ratty524
RPG Maker with a bit of Stencyl/Adobe? That seems so cool, but I don't know if the developers care that much.
I play it safe by not caring about anything ever
Craze
You care enough about your apathy to bring it up whenever possible!