[MAFIA] PURGATORY: A MAFIA GAME

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Cap_H
The problem with Cave is that its usually quite difficult to tell if he's town or mafia. So, I would lynch him, if our doubts are big enough.
I was gonna say that I think I've got a pretty good bead on Cave's play style by this point, but I have no idea how he'd act in an all-vanilla game. His scum tells in the past have all been related to role claiming.

Question for Cavedog and Gourd: If you could pick one player in this game to go silent when they die and not be allowed to keep talking, who would it be?
Can't Liberty/Kentona disable the posting limitation manually? Because if Hunibear's limited to one post a day, that's not doable. I would be voting to kill anyone posting once a day immediately.

re: townconfirming by killing cave - it's still a waste of daykill if you think you're able to read cave or that cave might later somehow confirm himself. I'm confident he'll do enough that it'll be possible to eventually get some sort of read, so it's still probably best to murder people that /aren't/ readable or cast bad d1 votes. Or do the normal d1 routine and randomly kill whoever sleeps in at EOD.
Something else to consider -- scum no longer has an incentive to kill off good, active players just for being good and active. I'm really not sure how that will affect things. They still might try to kill of active voters so might be best to not actively help.
She can post more than once a day, the other day when she was posting in RMNronpa a lot she reached a limit. Ankylo fixed that for her yesterday because I asked so she'll be able to post more now. I told piano before I had come to realize that could be fixed, she said she'll be posting today.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Muffle
My read so far is:
Cap might be scum, look at that profile picture...

That's a paranoid townie. In the music video I took it from, she's killed by secret agents.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=LockeZ
author=Cap_H
The problem with Cave is that its usually quite difficult to tell if he's town or mafia. So, I would lynch him, if our doubts are big enough.
I was gonna say that I think I've got a pretty good bead on Cave's play style by this point, but I have no idea how he'd act in an all-vanilla game. His scum tells in the past have all been related to role claiming.

Question for Cavedog and Gourd: If you could pick one player in this game to go silent when they die and not be allowed to keep talking, who would it be?

uhhh. probably you.

my counter question would be what information you possibly think can be gleaned from this question, which is essentially, "who posts the most words that i think are bad."

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=psy_wombats
re: townconfirming by killing cave - it's still a waste of daykill if you think you're able to read cave or that cave might later somehow confirm himself. I'm confident he'll do enough that it'll be possible to eventually get some sort of read, so it's still probably best to murder people that /aren't/ readable or cast bad d1 votes. Or do the normal d1 routine and randomly kill whoever sleeps in at EOD.

Maybe you trust yourself to correctly read Cave, but I don't. One game, I had evidence he was scum and he still convinced me he was town anyway. Personally I really don't want an unconfirmed Cave at MYLO/LYLO, but obviously if/when I suspect someone more than Cave I'd prefer to kill them instead.

Why does Hunie have a posting limitation at all anyway? I've never heard of that being a thing on rmn before.
I know LockeZ was joking I was too, Ive been told its hard to tell if I'm joking or not because of how I type or talk but I was x.x

Also I was rereading the rules which i was i posted two times after that to fix what I did even though I edited the post.
@Joreon_Sol It's cause she's new and there's a limitation on new users to prevent bot spams.
I don't really trust myself to read cave, but more like I expect to do better than with like, Gourd.

Also to clarify here by "read" I mean townread/scumread from votes and good/bad reasoning not the "this person posts funny" reads
I don't see how voting purely to make someone a ghost makes much sense if it leaves us with no evidence on day 2. I do find the idea that cave suggested such an idea suspicious though. I could see scum cave coming up with that idea, because it is crazy enough to suit his style, and because it actually makes little sense to do so rather than vote on who we think is actually scum...

For that reason, I think it does make sense to lynch cave. I don't like lockez reasoning, but I'll put my vote down and see how things play out for now.

#lynch cavedog
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
#lynch cave once i am confirmed town, i will reign over you all with an iron fist
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=demonlord5000
I don't see how voting purely to make someone a ghost makes much sense if it leaves us with no evidence on day 2. I do find the idea that cave suggested such an idea suspicious though. I could see scum cave coming up with that idea, because it is crazy enough to suit his style, and because it actually makes little sense to do so rather than vote on who we think is actually scum...

For that reason, I think it does make sense to lynch cave. I don't like lockez reasoning, but I'll put my vote down and see how things play out for now.

#lynch cavedog

I don't like this post.

author=Jeroen_Sol
The way I see it, dead players are more valuable than live ones, since they can still post but are confirmed. So I don't really care who we kill right now. Maybe Cave, since confirmed Cave would be a very valuable asset for town, and dead scum Cave even moreso. So far, nothing's jumped out to me as scummy yet.

For one, I was the one who came up with the idea, not Cave himself.
Secondly, scum doesn't want to get lynched, as it doesn't give them any information. Normally town should also not want to get lynched, (I say should because we saw that go horribly wrong last game) but that matters less in this game. Scum offering to kill themselves makes little sense to me in this context. Last game I thought Muffle did it as a last ditch pity ploy, but Cave has no heat on him, so that's not possible here.
I thought scum didn't want to get lynched because then they lose, but, yes, killconfirming cave probably doesn't help anything but cave's ego. As a town player you should be trying to avoid being daykilled because it's a waste of town's daykill, not because you personally won't be able to post any more.

re:demon, I kind of agree, I like my jokevote where it is
It's a bad idea overall, I see what you mean about you coming up with it, but don't you think it strange that cave pushed for it considering that? It doesn't make much sense for scum to try to kill themselves, but cave is known for his antics, and such a move would make him look town. I really don't put any move past him really.

I could just be overly paranoid but I still think it's better than voting purely to make someone a ghost.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you just posted "Cave is doing something he does when he's town, therefore he is scum," followed by "We shouldn't kill Cave just to confirm that he's town, instead we should kill Cave, who is scum."
Cave does antics in every game he plays from what I've seen, regardless of alignment. He's a risk taker, and it seems like the kind of risk he would take as scum.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
(1) Muffle: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Gourd_Clae
(1) psy_wombats: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(1) Cap_H: Muffle
(1) demonlord5000: psy_wombats
(1) Gourd_Clae: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
(1) LockeZ: Muffle
(2) CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: LockeZ, demonlord5000
(1) NoLynch: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK (Sorry, no self-lynching. Thank you.)

It takes six to lynch. No hammer for this game.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm glad to be both scum and town in demonlord's eyes
Well cave seems more than happy to be lynched even if it feeds his ego lol
#lynch cave