THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Dog Game (?) looks cute and possibly enjoyable! Maps are a little empty though.

Lucidstillness, I'm more impressed with your art than your game. Don't take that the wrong way because your game looks quite good... Your art just looks really great!
author=UPRC

Yeah....I suck at mapping, but i'm OK at everything else. (I certainly don't have Kentona's awesome abilities, heh heh.)
author=Arandomgamemaker

Oh, mapping isn't that bad really. Just drop random crap all over the map and fill it up.
author=UPRC
author=Arandomgamemaker
Oh, mapping isn't that bad really. Just drop random crap all over the map and fill it up.

Heh heh, i'll be sure to do that.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Holy... smokes.

Look at this, another game by them Frenchies (it's in Katakana for the style apparently) by Moonwalk1803.

Everything is custom made apart from the grass. An English release is planned (which is quite likely since there's so little text to translate).

Enjoy the video!
author=Creation
Holy... smokes.

Look at this, another game by them Frenchies (it's in Katakana for the style apparently) by Moonwalk1803.

Everything is custom made apart from the grass. An English release is planned (which is quite likely since there's so little text to translate).

Enjoy the video!

Holy crap! A platformer that isn't Mario!
That looks like one heck of a badass platformer! Do you have an RMN page for it?
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
I can see various influences from Duck Tales and tiles as well.
Creation
Ah? Oh well, I'll need to ask the author then I guess.
@Arandomgamemaker
Thanks! Your game looks fun and inventive. Improvements? Well, the areas look a little sparse, and that house and those trees seem oddly sized next to one another. The house also seems to be really tall and skinny, just judging by what I can see of it on the screen. I look forward to seeing more.

@Creation
Thank you. No worries, I would just hate to have people think my art was stolen from somewhere else. I'm glad you like the monsters, and I think I'll try drawing one of the protagonists in that style (what is there to lose?)

Your feedback is quite valuable, so please don't be a stranger!

(I also like the platformer; it reminds me very much of the old NES games of my youth).

@UPRC
Thank you, though I don't think I've actually released any details regarding this game before. It's a fantasy world where one very important law of nature has been changed (and is a gameplay mechanic). I suppose I should finally get around to making a page for it soon.
author=Lucidstillness
@Arandomgamemaker
Thanks! Your game looks fun and inventive. Improvements? Well, the areas look a little sparse, and that house and those trees seem oddly sized next to one another. The house also seems to be really tall and skinny, just judging by what I can see of it on the screen. I look forward to seeing more.

Oh, your welcome. Sorry i didn't take a good picture of the houses. But anyway, i revised the first town so it looks a little less empty.

I took UPRC's advice and added a lot more trees to it.

By the way, the theme of the game is gameplay and cuteness, so expect a lot of that.
author=UPRC
Looks much nicer now!

Thanks! I was going to plan on interacting with the flower bushes, but i realized it would take up way too many events. Plus, reading the signs is always fun.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@LucidStillness : I also like the last map best, I don't have the expertise of Creation, and but there are a few things I like less : The foliage of the rounder trees (not the pine looking ones), the color-texture of the cliffs, too neatly outlined and, yes, somewhat the too grainy carpet like aspect of the low grass, There are of coursse tons of great stuff : your monsters, the layout, the pine trees and the last faceset to name a few. I see what Creation is saying and I suppose his advice, working to harmonize what's already done, is probably an excellent one. Good luck!

@Creation : that platformer looks extremely well done and fun.
Creation
I'll try drawing one of the protagonists in that style (what is there to lose?)

There's nothing to lose but the manga influence in your game which would certainly be for the best. The style of your critters is a lot more fresh and unique than those manga characters we see in 3 out of 4 projects. It would be so awesome to see the rest of the game not only coherent in style but also showing off graphics with character and personality.

This, of course, is my personal bias.

EDIT for under: Nobody? Nah, trust me, manga characters are the norm when it comes to RPG Maker, regardless of the community. As I said, I personally prefer people who develop something different and unique. Not that people who draw manga-style are wrong or something.
@Arandomgamemaker
I like it; it's simple, but rather charming because of that. I would however make all the houses have similar dimensions to the one in the lower right corner; the others look very large!

@chana
You have excellent insight! I have some ideas for where to take the Wilderness tileset next that should hopefully correct some of its flaws. Hopefully it will just keep getting better!

@Creation
Ah, it seems nobody shares my love of manga and anime around here, lol. I designed the characters to look somewhat generic since that was part of my attempt to make a charming, retro JRPG (I evidently succeeded since people thought I ripped off the characters). Ideally, one is supposed to be able to look at them and immediately be able to tell what their role in the party is going to be.

Having said that, they could stand to be a little less generic now that the script and gameplay has grown more sophisticated. Rud, the main character, is actually a really oddball eccentric hero with the power to talk to animals, but he's still very capable, clever and confident (no stealing the crystals from under his nose, thank you very much). I'll be redesigning him to reflect that personality.

I can't really share the details of the script without giving too much away (evil save crystals), but suffice it to say that since these characters belong to a larger world, their aesthetic has to reflect that. I'm certainly not going to have the hero walk around in his undershirt for the entire game, lol!
author=Lucidstillness
@Arandomgamemaker
I like it; it's simple, but rather charming because of that. I would however make all the houses have similar dimensions to the one in the lower right corner; the others look very large!

All righty! I applied your ideas, and i also added some more details, such as more normal grass. (And chimneys!)

(The chimneys had to be events because of the roof.)
Anybody notice how the color seems to be a bit...off? Or is it just me?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That has so much empty space. I bet you can cut it down to half as tall and half as wide.
author=LockeZ
That has so much empty space. I bet you can cut it down to half as tall and half as wide.

Yes, but i prefer larger town maps, and condensing it sort of ruins it to me.
Do you have any ideas for filling up the space? Maybe a well, or something?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Arandomgamemaker : well that's a nice "little " map, try diversifying what you put in it (I know the rtp is scarce, but with a little imagination, you can obtain interesting results), do shrink it down a bit though, how are you going to fill all that space?!