THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
To fill that amount of space you need a well, a town square, some outdoor booths, and about twelve more houses.

Example: This isn't even a particularly good town (there's still a lot of empty space), but it's an RM2K3 RTP town about the same size as yours that doesn't feel as empty.
Ah, i see what you mean. I'll see how it turns out.

So, here is my secret project. Bad comedy, made while I am busy having fun. Design decisions should be terrible, and the graphics are edits from castlevania, and Megami Tensei I and II. Fun times! Match this with japanese disco, and we have a great game.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I like the wall and the character, the floor is a bit hard to take as color goes, it also looks a bit weird, like a net...
The problem is the mismatch of the resolutions, you have a doubled sprite in front of a... quadripled? brick tile. Then a message system box that looks super smooth with gradients and smooth text.

I gave up trying to convince people that their game does not look 8bit just because they ripped some NES sprites and found a gamegirl.font file. So um, I would probably just make the game insane looking as possible if you're willing to abandon oldschool conventions. The floor looks bad either way.
The perspective of the floor is pretty distracting, you should fix it with photoshop and ctrl +T xD

oooo, Goku. I hope Piccolo is playable. He's the only one not overused in the series. ^.^
author=Darken
The problem is the mismatch of the resolutions, you have a doubled sprite in front of a... quadripled? brick tile. Then a message system box that looks super smooth with gradients and smooth text.

I gave up trying to convince people that their game does not look 8bit just because they ripped some NES sprites and found a gamegirl.font file. So um, I would probably just make the game insane looking as possible if you're willing to abandon oldschool conventions. The floor looks bad either way.
Actually... The sprite is quadrupled, and the wall is about... 16X the size it originally should be? I took it, and the other... Erm... The other wall I got from castlevania looks questionable, but hey!
The idea is not for it to be 8 bit, but a paradoy of many ones that claim to be like that. Well... Not really. I just booted up castlevania and was playing around with the idea of making a game with rips (Something I have never done before) and next thing I knew it, megami tensei was open and this was the result! So... Yeah. No need for insanity, when you are doing something to have fun, right? I don't need no spiderman just suddenly appearing, but it has a style of its own how it is. And that, satisfies me in a twisted way. The floor is terrible, and I was really trying to come up with something that would look like a floor, but I have been having difficulties.

@Felipe_9595: Thanks for the tip! I think I will use that, and maybe mute the color a bit so it does not clash with chana's eyes that bad. Actually, it kind of annoys me as well. (The floor tile is actually the blocks from castlevania as well. XD)
EDIT: Fixed the floor's perspective, but it looks very rough. Well, I like it more then the grid of death, so it is fine.
Yeah i was going to say it is a castlevania tile XD
I am now letting players know where the hell they are going!

I am having an issue though... Whenever I enter another map (a town, cave, whatever) from the world map and then exit the location and return to the overworld... The cursor does not appear. The map is visible in the corner, but there is no cursor at all. Anyone know what's up with that?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
When DOES it appear?
It appears without any problems when I load from a file that was saved on the world map.
Are you using commen events for it, that only activate via a switch? Exactly how are you making it appear, if not that?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
you need to show picture 34 again
Yup, that's the problem. You forgot to make it show up.
It is official. I am dumb.

Thanks guys, got it functioning properly now.
author=UPRC
It is official. I am dumb.

Thanks guys, got it functioning properly now.

Were glad to help. It is a community, after all.
Although that mini-map seems awfully convoluted and expansive to read at a moment's glance, which is the point of mini-maps: quick fix orientation.
LockeZ
The minimap is fine; if anything it's his world that is really really big.