RMN BATTLEDOME! VOTING!

author=Dudesoft
To quote irc ironically just now:
nub
laps up the vital juices of your crushed dreams.

haha

This one is hard to decide on. Looking over the bots, neither of them jump out as a clear winner. Both seem to have something that is a disadvantage to the other, imo.

But, mostly because of the high HP/EN values, my vote is for Sumo
author=Dudesoft
I just did some calculations...
Apparently a fighter plane in WWII weighs 9000 KG.
Now, the owlbot is supposedly built with fighter plane parts--- not including massive gatling gun, or the huge backpack full of ammo, nor considering the internal robotic additions to the hull--- NewBlack's robot starts off at 9.92080179828 tons, roughly. Now add the stuff I mentioned. Sumobot is now basically a football against Owlbot.

It doesn't mean it was made with the heavy parts :P
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Nice funfacts rebuttle. It looks like it is built with rustic airplane parts. If it's not 10 tons on its own, it'd still be freaking heavy.
I've been knocked down by a surprise football before And if it's a fight, what's going to make Chana's bot stop there? If the owlbot is as heavy as you say it's going to have a hard time getting up. Giving Chana's bot plenty of time to attack.. As ridiulous as that may sound that's my arguement.
Dudesoft
Sonic the hedgehog attack style is valid.
I imagine the comic being, everyone's horror reaction to chana's bot, and never showing sumobot in relation to anything else until the very end, and then it's a "wth it's so small!" and the sumobot does Sumo battle stance. DOOOOM.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I don't understand : "everyone's horror reaction to chana's bot,"
"never showing sumobot in relation to anything else until the very end,"
""wth it's so small!" and the sumobot does Sumo battle stance."
In other words, I don't understand a word in your post..?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm guessing Dudesoft is envisioning a comic where the reader is meant to believe that your 'bot is FRAGGING HUGE, whereas the reality is that it isn't? Something like that?
chana
oh, I see, assuming owlbot is enormous.
I could've sworn that when chana first listed his bot it was tagged as being a bajillion tons.
chana
I had put 15 at first, then I thought to put something close to the weight of a sumo, I saw a bit big!
Dudesoft
Looks like NewBlack is moving on. Sorry chana...
Next up: Camupins vs Jude!
Vote deadline: Sunday, 25, March 2012.

EDIT:
I'm just giving this one to Jude, because it's a tangle of tentacles vs a tin can. I imagine it being a pretty quick squeeze.
Jude is my vote.
chana
Ah, Gourd_Clae, if you had voted it would have been a tie... well there goes my hopes for the world cup (which I never had)! Happy to have been at the second tier, though.
Camupins 's robot's stats are better, imo, especially considering Jude's bot's extremely low defense, also, Camupins type of combat seems much more violent than Jude's, so I vote :
Camupins
Hm... I wanna vote the rainbow bot for being all rainbowy and vote against jude out of spite. But no I'll be a nice guy and actually think about who would win.... later. I don't feel like thinking about it atm.
I have to agree with Dudesoft here. It simply doesn't look like Camupins's bot would stand a chance against Luchabot.

+1 for Luchabot
Didn't Rainbow Bunny lose to Olaf the Red in the first round? What are they doing back in it? Did I miss some of the backstory?

Oh wait, I see that it was a tie.

Anywho, both robots pack a mean punch with some great weaponry! But in the end I think the sabres of light and the (surprisingly) high defense of Rainbow Bot wins out.

+1 RainbowBot
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Jude's defense is really low. If he gets hit, the damage would be pretty significant. I'm also thinking that his attacks against Camupins wouldn't hit very hard. On the bright side, he could probably dodge a few hits with his slightly higher agility. He also has a larger battery, and can leech his opponent's energy with the energy stealing tentacles.

Camupins has slightly poorer agility than Jude, but is pretty strong in the other parameters. If he manages to hit with those Sabers of Light, Jude's as good as history.

I'm thinking that, if the Sabers of Light draw their energy from the 'bot (Someone confirm this?), Jude would be able to win with the energy stealing tentacles.
It seems like the Luchabot is designed to take better advantage of its battle chip than the Rainbow bot. Those twelve tentacles of varying utility make it an absolute beast in the clinch. Rainbow's only hope is to start knocking tentacles out of the fight in a hurry by slicing them off with the Sabers of light. The problem is that 4 of those tentacles are quarium whips which do a fair amount of slicing on their own.

Rainbow bot has a better arsenal though, with both the laser rifle and gatling gun. While I'm not seeing enough capacity to make sustained fire viable for the gatling gun, the laser is another matter entirely.

It basically becomes a foot (well, tentacle vs wheel) race for distance control. If Rainbow bot can keep Luchabot at a distance and whittle away at it with the long range weapons, the fight is won. Luchabot has surprisingly low defensive stats. In a blow for blow battle, Luchabot is outclassed.

The problem for Rainbow bot is that Luchabot still has higher agility. I'm not sure if running on tentacles would actually be faster than rolling on a wheel, but I have made a habit of treating agility & derived speed as almost the key stat in my previous run-downs, so for the sake of consistency, I'm going to assume Luchabot is able to get in close faster than Rainbow bot can get away.

I see Luchabot taking some considerable damage on the approach, due to Rainbow's long range arsenal, so only some fraction of the myriad of tentacles are still functional in the clinch, but even if it only gets there with one whip, two shock kicks, and an energy stealer, Rainbow bot is in trouble.

All Luchabot has to do is whip through a pair of spindly little arms, and the majority of Rainbow bot's offensive capabilities will be lying on the ground. This leaves the laser rifle, but I think Luchabot is a smart enough grappler to latch the energy stealers on and keep vital parts away from the mouth of the head mounted weapon.

+1 Luchabot