RMN BATTLEDOME! VOTING!

rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I will vote +1 for Rainbow Bunny
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Rainbow Bot wins! Camupins moves on hop hop hop
Next up ae vs marrend.
Deadline for Votes is Wednesday, March 28, 2012!

+1 vote for alterego (lazy irc Ark)

Whoa, look what is on this list...
+1 for alterego from me based on this article!
(also, HA! Jude. Capoeira is there too!)
+1 for alterego

I don't have time/will to go into detail, but basically I think the weaponry and extra speed of the Chick-bot will win out in the end. Also, both bots have limited energy stores and energy stealers, so this will be a very quick fight!
Dudesoft
+1 alterego from Zeu lazy irc guy
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Alterego's bot (superb!) doesn't have enough defense, si I vote :
+1 for Marrend
+1 alterego for not being a rectangle with a triangle for a head. At least put forth something that resembles effort if you are going to participate in this.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Assuming I can hit alterego with any amount of consistency, and that's a big "if" with those agility differentials, I think I could win this. Then again, I've got more energy to steal (and less ways to steal it), and might not be able to avoid alterego's attacks. Also, who would vote for a terribad rip-off of a One Must Fall Jaguar being piloted by a terribad rip-off of a Mind Flayer?
Bot Battle Chip Synchronization
As best I can tell, Kalaripayattu looks and appears to function remarkably similar to Shaolin Kung-fu, which means it can flow into and out of range, twist away from attacks and move in to deliver them almost effortlessly. It is clear that the Shivabot was designed to take full advantage of its Battle Chip.

Tomoi bot is another story. The Battle Chip would focus on close/clinch range fighting, primarily using elbow and knee strikes, and the bot apparantly has neither elbows nor knees and half of its offensive weapons are long range (laser rifle).

Advantage : Shiva X-5

Equipment Load Out
Shivabot’s loadout is designed for going the distance in a close range fight, with with a good balance of defense and offense, as well as multiple energy stealers to make up for its relatively poor innate energy score.

RXZ has a little more variety, mixing close and long range options, as well as good defense and the benefit of an energy stealer, but the fight is going to get into very close range, so the efficacy of the laser rifle is going to fall off dramatically. I can almost see RXZ latching on with one energy stealer, only to have Shivabot latch right back with four for a net gain to RXZ’s net loss.

Advantage : Shiva X-5

Battle Stats
RXZ beats Shivabot in just about ever stat except agility, where there is a 30 point disparity. RXZ’s native defense is high enough that Shivabot’s regular attacks will probably have a low chance of doing noticeable damage whereas every attack that RZX lands is going to make a significant impact.

Advantage RXZ

X-Factor
That said, Shivabot is going to get at least four close range attacks to every one of RXZ’s bot, and due to the agility/speed disparity is going to be able to attack more frequently. Each individual strike may not do much damage, but think about being attacked by a swarm of bees: A single sting is of little concern (barring anaphylaxis!), but a hundred stings or a thousand could easily kill.

Also, it should be noted that Shivabot’s design adheres much closer to the principles of its Battlechip, meaning it should act more naturally in combat and require less processing power to make the same number of calculations per second.

Advantage Shiva X-5

Winner: Shiva X-5
Dudesoft
Alterego wins!
Next match is Shinan versus Versalia!
Deadline for Votes is Friday, March 30, 2012!
Bot Battle Chip Synchronization:

In these matches, I am always more inclined to vote for the bot that most closely adheres to the tenets/structure of their Battle Chip. In the case of Shinan’s bot, I’m just not really seeing it. It isn’t just a case of me being biased towards humanoid designs either, since Turtle bot actually goes along with the ditangquan end of Drunken Style.

Advantage: Turtlebot

Equipment Load Out

Keeping with the main theme of its battle chip, Turtlebot is decked out for an almost exclusively close range fight, but also has the option to work at a greater distance with the spear cannon and rocket fist. It seems almost like a utility belt type of bot, where something else can just pop out of the shell as the situation calls for it.

Gru-bot takes this a step further and goes for total close range armaments. Between the octuple hurricanes of quarium whips and energy stealers and the energy mace, this bot has the potential to do a lot of damage in a hurry, and drain the opponent’s battery in a flash. However, it lacks any kind of range game.

Very close, but…

Advantage: Turtlebot

Battle Stats

This is another battle where the bots capabilities are extremely well matched. On paper, it would appear that neither of them is going to do a lot of damage to the other with straight forward attacks, due to the gap between their attacking and defending power. It could only come out as a war of attrition, especially since their agility/speed would be equal. That said, Gru-bot seems to have more limbs to attack with in a given time interval, so I’d technically rate it a bit “faster” than Turtlebot. Faster than a turtle, who knew?

It would be another battle of bug bites since both are heavily armored in their crustacean plate, so to me it comes down to a test of “legs.” Turtlebot seems to have more in the tank, energy wise, but that would quickly turn into a disadvantage with Gru-bot able to rapidly syphon that energy off.

Advantage : Gru-Bot

X-Factor

Turtlebot is going to be very unpredictable, moving around and rolling, springing out for feints and attacks, and it has a high defense score to make it even more irritating to fight against. In contrast, Gru-bot has the potential to be very overwhelming in the clinch.

Turtlebot does have the option to use some long range weapons though, meaning it is able to change up its tactics more than its opponent. But, it would seem this advantage is quickly overcome by Gru-bots raw preponderance of tracking sensors.

I see Gru-bot as a somewhat overdesigned powerhouse here, despite the disconnect with its Battle chip. Only a bot that was either faster or able to hit much harder, or at least had a higher synchronization with its Battle Chip, is going to have a chance against this beast, and unfortunately, I don’t see Turtlebot making the cut.

Advantage : Gru-bot

Winner: GRU
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I imagine well that goblin-like scot viking, who looks as cunning as ready to bite have an almost osmotic(?) relation to his high-legged spider-GRU-bot, and thus, having great advantage over his drunken opponent's heavy drunken turtle, so I vote :
GRU-bot.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Shinan's got slightly lower stats (with the exception of armor/health) but the weapons load-out makes me think that his 'bot might have the real advantage here.

+1 vote for Shinan!
This is a battle of two animal bots with almost identical stats, heavy armor, and dependence on weaponry to do damage (rather than fighting styles). I agree with KillerWolf that this will be a long battle of attrition.

So, 'who has the better weaponry?' I guess is the question.

I think both combatants can take enough hits to employ whatever tactics they can to get the most of their weaponry. In that case, turtlebot is going to flash freeze the GRU-bot, catch whips in his claws and saw them off with the buzz saw. And then basically start crushing and sawing GRU.

+1 Turtlebot
Dudesoft
It's a losing vote, it seems; but I'll throw my vote at Shinan
author=Dudesoft
It's a losing vote, it seems; but I'll throw my vote at Shinan
isnt it currently 4-2 for Shinan right now?
Dudesoft
Sarcasm is a beautiful thing!

To note though: I do like Versa's bot and controller design more; especially the fighting style.
However, Shinan made this savage beast of a machine that looks like a blender inside out. If it's smaller than Turtlebot, I can see it getting under turtle's shell.