[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

And yes, I know threw piano in for the suspicion, which means I want more info. That isn't contradictory to me.
I mean, going after my gut has people doubting me all over this very moment *shrugs*
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
People are always going to doubt you for any reason they can find in this game. You can't be worried about that.
I am reassuring me of that more, thank you for that. I think muffle feeling that caught me on rather than any reads of hers. I do worry since I feel IF is more than that too. It's like, emotional peeps dying one after the other. Who's next, eh?
I am also unsure how well I can make my gut work here without knowing the peeps and the game style, AND with the existence of other outlets.

Anyway, I will go do something fun. Yday was brutal (just the exhaustion and sleep deprivation, mostly). Thanks for letting me ramble a bit. Honestly, I will just go back to regular after this game. My mind's active and it drives me nuts to have it going for so long. At least I am giving myself some more space though.
Really though, thanks.
Also no, no I am not trying to talk up sympathies. Go wild.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My biggest takeaway from all this is "Kylaila is worried about how she looks instead of about how other people look," which, for someone who is under basically no scrunity at all right now, is kind of concerning. Town players get worried about how they look when people start lynching them, but scum are worried about it all the time. But I guess it's not a big deal on its own since nothing else you've done this game has seemed off.

Also pianotm is being weirdly supportive in a way that makes me feel like the two of you don't share a private chat. So I'm mentally making a note that I don't think a pianotm/kylaila scum team is likely.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Teams:

OzzyTheOne, Gourd_Clae, Cap_H - proposed by OzzyTheOne

Accepted by: None
Denied by: None

OzzyTheOne, LockeZ, psy_wombats - proposed by LockeZ

Accepted by: 5 - OzzyTheOne, pianotm, PlatinumAshes, LockeZ, Gourd_Clae
Denied by: None

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to accept.

Team OzzyTheOne, LockeZ, psy_wombats has been accepted.
Any scum among the team may now send in a #Succeed or #Fail vote via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current votecount as of 2019-05-25, 17:50 GMT+2:

pianotm: 2 - OzzyTheOne, Gourd_Clae, OzzyTheOne
Gourd_Clae: 1 - Kylaila
Cap_H: 1 - LockeZ
Not voting: 5 - pianotm, Cap_H, demonlord5000, PlatinumAshes, psy_wombats

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4 will end 2019-05-26, 22:00 GMT+2, in 28 hours, 9 minutes, or when hammer falls.
My phone died or I would've posted earlier, sorry. I've read through the entire thread but need to comment by page starting at 34:

I dont think that was what happened with YM and scum double killing him. He may have scumhunted muffle but that's it. So the point linking YM to piano that gourd makes doesn't work for me and it looks contrived.

That said the oddrabbit argument is convincing. At one point early on piano was reading off as hard town. So if scumpiano wanted to kill odd he'd have to do it at night.

Lockez I don't think voting and lynching the same person are necessarily a scumtell but it is nonsensical. I know piano doesn't play nonsensically so I suspected a hidden agenda. I think we should be building teams with the goal of winning quests and everyone building teams trying to tempt scum failure or whatever seem disingenuous. This include sfrom yourself but you've at least stated you have a hidden agenda.

Piano can you please explain why you put forward the teams you did? I'm not able go back and search at the moment but it was the YM one that seemed most strange, plus today's where you proposed me as towny and then immediately attacked.
My phone died or I would've posted earlier, sorry. I've read through the entire thread but need to comment by page starting at 34:

I dont think that was what happened with YM and scum double killing him. He may have scumhunted muffle but that's it. So the point linking YM to piano that gourd makes doesn't work for me and it looks contrived.

That said the oddrabbit argument is convincing. At one point early on piano was reading off as hard town. So if scumpiano wanted to kill odd he'd have to do it at night.

Lockez I don't think voting and lynching the same person are necessarily a scumtell but it is nonsensical. I know piano doesn't play nonsensically so I suspected a hidden agenda. I think we should be building teams with the goal of winning quests and everyone building teams trying to tempt scum failure or whatever seem disingenuous. This include sfrom yourself but you've at least stated you have a hidden agenda.

Piano can you please explain why you put forward the teams you did? I'm not able go back and search at the moment but it was the YM one that seemed most strange, plus today's where you proposed me as towny and then immediately attacked.
Piano I'm inconsistent because my evaluation of the odds of Mordred existing have changed over time. Knowing lancer exists makes influences that, know Oberon exists as well. I currently do not think it's likely that scum team would have a handicap in both Mordred and Oberon. Just an assassin to ocunter Lancelot seems weak. I didn't like that you were suddenly convinced that they existed.

Demon I still think what I said earlier about minor scum holds. But that was in the context of oa being an assassin. I no longer think he's scum but if he is scum I would bet the game he is an assassin.

Re kylaiala she is playing very well
pianotm
This is my third post of the current day phase. It is the third relevant post.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24576/?post=882167#post882167

Here's the fifth post.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24576/?post=882220#post882220

In the previous post, I suggested straight hunting Mordred.

You'll note I haven't given you a town-read today. In fact, the last time I give a reading on you is day one. You can go through my post history. Unless you're saying that changing my mind about you across the course of three-day phases, I do not see where I declare you town. In fact, the first time I mention you this day phase, I say I don't feel so good about you.

I would like to point out that the notion that I would NK oddRABBIT for looking like Merlin is a fair argument. If I were scum, I absolutely would, and his posts certainly gave that impression upon reexamination. I will contend that the idea that I would kill him for targeting me is something I would never do unless he had actually put me in danger, which leads back to the Merlin argument because scum will be looking for Merlin in this game and if I were scum, and see someone who I suspected as Merlin pointing at me, I might feel threatened, but his comment was just so innocuous, I just don't see it. As we've established, Kylaila has come down harder on me than oddRABBIT and in fact, she's been waxing on my trustworthiness for the entire game, and she was on confirmed scum early on, and yet she's still alive.
Posted before I could finish but @cap she is playing well in the sense that she is insightful and I can follow her train of thought but that isn't necessarily a tell one way or the other.

Re hunting people on IF train: thats a bad argument. He screwed up extremely clearly, was suspicious before, and if kys first vote was actually a town vote you can see how scum could wash their hands of this train entirely it at least be cautious and see if it would need help. Like what I assumed Muffle was doing and it's why I thought she was scummy.

I have banked on scum in d1 train and lost because of it. Treat it like any other days vote.

I'm annoyed we don't have a real voting record for d2.
pianotm
psy_wombats
Piano I'm inconsistent because my evaluation of the odds of Mordred existing have changed over time. Knowing lancer exists makes influences that, know Oberon exists as well. I currently do not think it's likely that scum team would have a handicap in both Mordred and Oberon. Just an assassin to ocunter Lancelot seems weak. I didn't like that you were suddenly convinced that they existed.

Demon I still think what I said earlier about minor scum holds. But that was in the context of oa being an assassin. I no longer think he's scum but if he is scum I would bet the game he is an assassin.

Re kylaiala she is playing very well

I see. The absence of Mordred has a dramatic impact on the dynamic of the game and I feel that simply dismissing the possibility of his existence the way you seem to be is anti-town best case scenario. If you're wrong, and we only catch minor scum because we're going on the assumption that Mordred doesn't exist, we're going to have a serious problem, because regardless, Merlin can't see Mordred. Percival is no use because they can't tell Morgana from Merlin and all they will do by confirming is tell scum who Merlin is, because if scum doesn't have a Mordred, then they definitely have a Morgana.

TL;DR I don't think the argument that "Oberon exists, therefore Mordred does not" holds water.

psy_wombats
Posted before I could finish but @cap she is playing well in the sense that she is insightful and I can follow her train of thought but that isn't necessarily a tell one way or the other.

Re hunting people on IF train: thats a bad argument. He screwed up extremely clearly, was suspicious before, and if kys first vote was actually a town vote you can see how scum could wash their hands of this train entirely it at least be cautious and see if it would need help. Like what I assumed Muffle was doing and it's why I thought she was scummy.

I have banked on scum in d1 train and lost because of it. Treat it like any other days vote.

I'm annoyed we don't have a real voting record for d2.

I am in full agreement with this post.
pianotm
Okay, with Pathfinder canceled, I have had more rest, but it definitely wasn't a good rest. My eyes are burning and it's easier to keep them closed than it is to keep them open. My sinuses are killing me. The coffee isn't helping, at all. I'm going to take a nap.
So Scum has killed one person so far and that was on d2 which was extremely weird. That could've been jeroen removing a town from the game to balance things if like odd said he didn't havr time or something. He was the least active player. It's possible they just didn't kill him at all. I have some ideas what this could mean but this is just a guess

I left demon alone a while because of the d1 quest result but that he keeps picking the Mordred scab and more throwing shade at people rather than hunting or throwing votes is growing into a pattern. I don't think he's taken a controversial position. The only one gourd has taken either is vs piano, or I guess sort of muffle

Cap im slowing down because now every time I want to post I have to take a 4 mile round trip walk to get cell reception haha. I am not much good at phone posting

Just want to say @piano I'm still unsure if you're scum but even if you are it's this sort of playstyle in your gourd attacks that stress people out over mafia. Gourd is a vet and can take it sure but you do come off as mocking
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean, if you can get people on *the other team* to get angry and emotional, then that's just good playing. If Piano and Gourd both turn out to be town, then Piano mocking Gourd is a vastly less effective strategy, lol.
Lockez I still do not get how pa's thing naming Oberon is townish. If he was scum he wouldnt know if she was or not either, and it would be literally true: if Muffle is scum, she must be Oberon.

Kylaiala: it's not game over if we accidentally scumhunt Merlin. If we daykill them then yes even Ozzy can't stop that but Merlin needs to claim if they're going down. Please don't just eat the daykill, even if Merlin is accidentally flushed we have two daykills to round up scum and can still win.

Before piano accuses me of trying to ask Merlin to claim, I just mean that they shouldn't go down quiet because claiming is not an instant death sentence.

Related: we should NEVER be hammering someone before they have a chance to respond in this game, or really any other game. should have said that earlier. Will assume anyone doing that is scum.

Before I go consider me a soft piano vote. Gourds argument is part of that but I just really don't like his attack on me today, it's baseless and I think he was fishing for a train or Ozzy's vote.

I have some thoughts re cap but pressed for time, will have to come later hopefully will be time for discussion
LockeZ
Because scum would want Oberon to survive? I mean... wouldn't they? There were a lot of other targets still in the game; if scum legitimately thought Muffle was Oberon, I feel like they wouldn't have gone after her. They would go after someone they thought was town.

Also, maybe this is just me, but I think when you're scum, misinformation is generally useful no matter what the information actually is. It just makes everyone harder to read. So I imagine that they'd want to keep us under the impression that scum are all talking to each other, if they could.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I just got home and I have a wall of 5 pages of text to catch up on. I'll post in like an hour or two.