YDS' LET'S TRY THREAD

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
post=156032
I managed to play Lost Legacy, and I kind of agree with everything you've pointed out with that game.
It's also a bit of a grind-fest. It was kind of annoying.

But anyway,
Do you mind playing my age-old project The Secret of Ludia?

I want to see another person's opinion on the quality of the game, since I really haven't received much since I even started it. I also kind of want to see you slam it. :P

Here it is.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Okay. I added it to a list. Also ...

If you like my LTs - heh - a little support might be nice: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/6975/
Uh don't want to add to possibly staggering pile but t-there's always. . . Space Funeral.. . . *pushes fingers together like a shy anime*
YDS
Okay! No problem. It might take awhile, though.

Oh, I also made a new update for Liberty's game.
YDS
Hey. A minor update for Celdran's Curse. I don't know what I am going to do about that game because it is so bloody tedious.
YDS
There are some weird errors ... First off, the Hayate game gave me a weird file - so did The Secrets of Ludia. It looked like the guy who did Californian Chain Saw Massacre took the game down after some controversy.

So far, Space Funeral works so I am going to try it next. It looks pretty interesting. That will be my next LT. I don't know what is up with the game downloads. It might be my internet or whatever. I'll figure it out.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Strange, I'll try to see if I can reupload it.

Is the file pretty much defective, or what do you mean by "weird"?
YDS
It get some file that says ".download" at the end of it instead of an actual file. Don't bother because you aren't the only one. I have a feeling that it is either my browser or my internet.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
If you change the file extension to .zip it will probably work.
That is quite odd... The file that I uploaded, in theory, was the .exe file generated by the VX program itself. I'll have to re-download to see if anything is amiss. Apparently there are some other ppl who are also having trouble opening the game.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
That's an RMN issue.
Dude, I'd love to see you do an LT of Fenrir: First Operation, which I released Christmas... 08? It's a complete game, a little short and in areas exploitable (if you know how), but I'd love to hear your thoughts

Just remember to read the computer screens! Seriously =P

Oh, and the link:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/718/
YDS
Some brief updates made.

Sam: Hmm ... I tried to play it but I am really, really bad at shooter games.
No worries mate. The game does have some difficult bosses for newcomers to top down shooters
YDS
Hey there folks. This thread needs more lovin'. :( Space Funeral is finished and I daresay I had a great time playing it!
Your Space Funeral LT is awesome! But it's weird that you don't read dialogs!
Yeah thanks for the Let's Try btw! They're good vids and pretty helpful in terms of seeing immediate reactions to design things. Incidentally stuff like the Old Movie and Hypnosis things are explained in one of the houses in the first village (but never after that!!), there's no actual useless items! Just ridiculously obscure ones.
space funeral seems like a game i would enjoy playing

until its novelty appeal wore off

unless it is a truly great game
YDS
I think I said it at some point in the game - at least earlier on. I was wondering if the novelty and weirdness would wear off - and personally, I was very entertained throughout the entire game, though I guess not everyone really shares me opinions. I acknowledge that the game has flaws, but personally, the things that made the game shine was enough for me to overlook the blotches.