MIGHT, MAGIC, AND MAFIA (GAME THREAD)

I meant ivoryjones... oh wait he was trying to lynch me.
Uh, I'm saying it's a possibility and not one that should be gambled on. Even a paranoid/random/crazy cop is considered town - the sanity just affects their findings. Now, if you were lying, that'd be an issue, but currently we have no way of knowing... possibly.

Also, you're forgetting independents in your analysis. There's usually one or two and they win even if we end up failing. That's why I said we have to be very sure in our next lynch because, hell, if we lynch a fellow townie, we're in big trouble.
Wait, what? When did I say something about chana?
I meant ivoryjones. But actually she ended up voting for me so that doesn't really support my point.
Oh ivory. Wait, when did I say something about ivory?!
Yeah, but I don't see me saying anything about her. I did say that I'd have jumped in to try and stop any lynching whether it were her or anyone else because it was happening too fast, but nothing about actually suspecting her, though to be fair her last posts were kinda scummy. I mean, she really pushed hanging cave.
At the beginning

Whoa, that's fairly hasty, ivory. At least give people a chance to say something before you start a lynch mob. It makes you come off looking a bit lynch-happy.

Actually, I don't know if you're mafia anymore, Liberty. Maybe you're right, We can't just accuse each other like this. We need to wait for MirrorMasq and the rest before we make such hasty decisions. Soz for being so jumpy on the uptake.
It's okay. I'm attributing it to being new at the game. Personally I'm not one to jump on a lynching right off the bat and especially when there's not a basis for it. The only reason I added a vote to cave was because he was acting very scummy and I thought it was the first vote. I never thought he'd be lynched while I was gone.

But yeah, it's best to wait a while. Hell, we don't really need to do a lynch - we could pull out the process a bit and go for a no lynch so we have extra time to figure people out, but I can understand why you want to, especially since you've claimed a cop role. That right there set you up for a night kill. >.<
But didn't you say that if one person dies, then we're all done for? Why do you want us to do a nolynch then?
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I'm tempted to believe TBG on this.
But first, let me see if I am getting this right:
You are claiming to be the cop and investigated Gourd_Clae yesterday, and the result of your investigation told you that he is mafia, right?

I only have one question: why did you choose Gourd for investigation?
I chose Gourd because he seemed really suspicious changing his votes around like 5 times, and voting to lynch someone just because "we have no-one to go by at the moment and... we need to decide on someone to lynch." I was thinking CAVE and Gourd were a team originally, but I was shocked to see that CAVE was a townie.

Also, I think this post by MirrorMasq can clear things up a bit:
Ok, Gourd and Chearlie seems pretty townie to me atm. So... Liberty, TBG and rabitZ.

Maybe this is exactly what sides there are at the moment... MM, Gourd & Chearlie vs Liberty, me and rabitZ. It seems to make a lot of sense.
If two people die that are both townies, then we're done for. Completely. Now, stalling tactics are just that - stalling. If we did go for stalling that would mean that we lose one to the night kill. All it buys us is some time to get a better read on people. Of course, if that night kill is an indie, that would be good for us. It would even things up a bit more.
However, if we get today's lynch wrong by killing a townie, and the mafia take out a townie tonight, then we're screwed. So, ideally we should aim for either mafia or indie. Of course, hitting correctly will be a bit hard. If we take your word for it and you're wrong, then we lose a possible townie. That lessens the chances for us to win.
And then, if you are wrong and it's because of your role, that loses us another townie when the retaliation lynching occurs. If the mafia don't get you tonight, which is a very real possibility because of the role you called.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Liberty, you have to have somebody else that you suspect,at least?
It's no use to us saying "lynching correctly is hard". Of course it is, but lynching is the only way to kill mafia.
We need to hear more from Chearlie and especially MM. It's almost like they're avoiding posting, really. Which is both good and bad play - both for them and us. It makes it harder for us to trust them, but it also protects their roles from being outed.
Yeah, well, I'm inclined towards either Gourd, MM (for seemingly deliberate lack of response) and possibly TBG - mainly for the reasons I've already given, but it's not as big a feeling as I get about MM.
At least chearlie has posted a few times and engaged in conversation. I think MM has posted twice in the thread?
...It might just be his avatar, though. That thing looks guilty as all hell to me.
XD
That's what I'm saying... because it might just be us vs. them.