SO... IGMC 2015

author=unity
author=Ratty524
author=unity
Wow! How exciting! Best of luck, everyone! I'm sitting this one out to finish Luxaren Allure, but I'll be cheering for you all! :DDDD
Aren't you judging this? (You and the rest of the Isloation team appear to be listed among guest judges)
Yes, you caught me! XD But to be fair, I had decided to step out of the contest long before I was offered the guest judge bit.

you poor bastard
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
author=unity
author=Ratty524
author=unity
Wow! How exciting! Best of luck, everyone! I'm sitting this one out to finish Luxaren Allure, but I'll be cheering for you all! :DDDD
Aren't you judging this? (You and the rest of the Isloation team appear to be listed among guest judges)
Yes, you caught me! XD But to be fair, I had decided to step out of the contest long before I was offered the guest judge bit.
you poor bastard

Yeah. Not only do I get to be a guest judge, the main judges have the hard work of looking at all the entrees and guest judges don't. I feel kinda spoiled rotten >.>;;

Serious respect to the main judges, though. You all are the real heroes of the contest!
author=Ratty524
author=kentona
"look my game has stat growth. twist implemented."
I was thinking the exact same thing. xD

Ditto here. I imagine the judges this year will be hearing that a lot. Poor bastards.

On the plus side though, that twist falls in line well with my favorite idea I came up with when thinking of a project for this year's IGMC. Of course...it's also the most labor intensive idea I had...
So...I'm going to be busy this month! I hope there's enough time to fully implement everything. We'll see. Best of luck to all the developers out there!
I'm holding out for people not being that stupid/cliche. ^.^;;;
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
This is gonna be fun! I can't wait to see what kind of games will be made this year!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm gonna make a board game and send it to judges. Toty aim for the best multiplayer award.
So the prize pool is 5% of the humble game bundle sales? Not bad considering the amount is already over $60,000. The grand prize should be over $10,000 before you know it!
(Though I imagine some people will ask "Why is it only 5%? Rabble rabble rabble." Because you know...it doesn't cost anything to run a contest right?)

But what was the ghost guarding in this video? Inquiring minds need to know.
author=Liberty
I want to point out that if you look on the Humble Bundle page you can see something... quite interesting. Quite interesting indeed...

I saw it, and then came 'round here to see if anyone else did.

Anyway... So the theme's "Growth", huh? I think I can swing that.
Makes you wonder how many penis games there will be...
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=kentona

It didn't make me wonder this at all!!
new game idea

attack of the 50 foot richard nixon
author=kentona

please no ;.;

why would you ever ever ever say that?! you've jinxed it now

penis games
penis games as far as the eye can see

why did I sign up to judge again, again?
orz
AAAAAARGH, I WANT TO ENTER AGAIN THIS YEAR BUT I'M INTERNING
WILL I HAVE TIME
author=dinkledaberry
So the prize pool is 5% of the humble game bundle sales? Not bad considering the amount is already over $60,000. The grand prize should be over $10,000 before you know it!

The prize right now has already passed $10k and sitting at a hair over $11k. That sure didn't take long!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Is the prize 5% of gross or nett sales? Because there will be expenses behind the scenes.
author=Liberty
author=kentona
please no ;.;

why would you ever ever ever say that?! you've jinxed it now

penis games
penis games as far as the eye can see

why did I sign up to judge again, again?
orz

i can judge for you

...that was really lame of my part sorry
author=nhubi
Is the prize 5% of gross or nett sales? Because there will be expenses behind the scenes.

It shows the amounts on the page as it is, so you could back-dissemble the sum.
nhubi
author=Liberty
author=nhubi
It shows the amounts on the page as it is, so you could back-dissemble the sum.

Actually you don't need to, they've done a lovely breakdown on the prizes page showing nett value. Grand prize (which I assume was the 10K last year) is at 4.5K at the moment, given the HB goes for a fortnight I think it'll be a fairly hefty sum by the time it's over.

Not that this contest needed any validation, but tying in larger amounts does tend to do that. Personally I'm just looking forward to the new games to play, though I don't know how many of them will be hosted here this year, I didn't see a link back to RMN anywhere.

To count for the competition they need to be linked to the site itself. Doesn't mean that afterwards they can't spread the games around, though.

...that said, I'm still trying to get Cope Island on the site. The creator has up and vanished, it seems, even though his game came in third (and is well worth playing even if it's not the prettiest game in the world - the zen feel and gameplay is well worth trying out. Seriously, go play that game. It's criminally under-rated. You can find it on the RMW forums.)
nhubi
I really liked Cope Island, it is a shame it's not here as well, but at least it is still available. Weird about the dev though, you'd think if they got the bronze they'd still be on the scene.