MISAO = FIN

Game of the year, Umbral Soul.

Best demo, Fear and Hunger.

And since they're both already on the list, my job was done before it even began.
there's like...10 other categories to nominate for

(also, yes, there is definitely a stretch thing happening in the top bar. deliberately done to cause people to notice this shite)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

583 nominations in.
Just a bit over a day left I think.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Title says I got five days. I believe the title.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Playlist added to initial post for nominations.

Wow, RMN was pretty quick to turn this over (last year it was several days after the 31st before voting could start.) No official cut off date for voting has been set.

Some personal thoughts:

Umbral Soul getting nominated for Sleeper Hit of the Year and Most RTP Award.
I hope despite the apparent goodness of this game people don't vote for it in categories it shouldn't be in. That's just my opinion.

We'll give it a week. Get your votes in while you can!

Personal Thoughts:
I've avoided voting anything Umbral Soul or Pocket Mirror, where possible. Also, yeah, Umbral Soul definitely shouldn't be in the RTP or Fangame or Sleeper Hit categories being that it doesn't use RTP, isn't a fangame and isn't a sleeper hit either.
Thoughts: Yeah, I'm also avoiding voting Pocket Mirror only on the principle that it's a 2016 game. Am glad to see some later-in-the-year gems like Mownt: For Peace make the cut!

I'm glad people liked the Crescent Eve demo, apparently. Thank you!
author=kory_toombs

Wow, RMN was pretty quick to turn this over (last year it was several days after the 31st before voting could start.) No official cut off date for voting has been set.

Some personal thoughts:

I hope despite the apparent goodness of this game people don't vote for it in categories it shouldn't be in. That's just my opinion.

Seriously, I would hardly call 4k downloads a sleeper hit. There's only a handful of maps that use rtp tiles as well, and they don't even come close to the level of skill I've seen in other games. It's flattering and all, but having a game win in a category it shouldn't even be considered in would be meaningless. Let's all try to vote fairly people!
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Sleeper Hit of the Year
The most underrated game of the year. The game everybody hears is good but nobody has bothered to play.

The description for Sleeper Hit isn't really right. If everybody hears it's good, then it's already not underrated or a sleeper. It should be a game that turns out to be better than what people thought initially, or one that you think deserves more credit or attention than it has gotten. Games that have been sticking on the main page for a long time definitely don't fit that category.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
oh my god rmn christmas card 2017 actually got nominated for multiple categories

you guys are fucking nuts THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 <3
author=Frogge
oh my god rmn christmas card 2017 actually got nominated for multiple categories

Wait, it's out?! I guess I shoulda been checking your profile and not refreshing the forum thread waiting for an announcement. XD
Frogge
author=Aegix_Drakan
author=Frogge

Wait, it's out?! I guess I shoulda been checking your profile and not refreshing the forum thread waiting for an announcement. XD

prooooooooooobably should've made an announcement

it's been out since christmas >.<
I'm only voting for one game. Other nominated games in 2017 are those that don't look interesting enough to me to play them, no offence.
author=kory_toombs

Some personal thoughts:

At least Umbral Soul contains RTP elements, and the criteria for Sleeper Hit are kind of ambiguous. It's the people who nominated it for "Best Fangame" who have me really confused.
author=Desertopa
It's the people who nominated it for "Best Fangame" who have me really confused.
I always figured "Sleeper Hit" referred to a game that looks great but doesn't have many downloads. But best Fangame? That one got a good laugh out of me. The way the Misao's are set up seems to be designed to draw attention to various types of games across the board and get people to play them. Speaking of which, I need to play Frogge's game and find out just how insane it is.
author=The Internet
In the entertainment industry, a sleeper hit is a title (such as a film, song or game) that becomes successful gradually, often with little promotion.

A sleeper hit is a work that becomes an unexpected success upon its release, usually through word of mouth. Either the work slipped under the fandom and critics' radar during production, it was dismissed as outright crap based just on previews, or the company/publisher didn't have much faith in it and neglected its promotion, yet it managed to get sizable box offices salesdownloads.
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
author=Desertopa
It's the people who nominated it for "Best Fangame" who have me really confused.

Little-known fact: Umbral Soul is actually a Chrono Trigger fangame!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=WheelmanZero
Speaking of which, I need to play Frogge's game and find out just how insane it is.

It's about average in-joke game for a community insane, TBH.

Also AFAICT Frogge didn't do the thing I asked for so he's on my shit list FOREVER.

Or he would be, only the music was nice and some parts were p. funny so I guess you escape my wrath this time, Frogge.
Frogge
HEY, I DID WHAT YOU ASKED

SORT OF

IN A WAY