DOING IT! - WEEK SEVEN ~

Pages: 1
DOING IT!

Week the lucky number the seventh.

DOING IT! is a community event ran each week where a prompt is given and those who wish to fulfill it post their work here. It is entirely optional, you may join at any time - even after a week has finished. Feel free to post as many pieces as you like. Feedback is encouraged.

DETAILED EXPLANATION/QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS HERE

RULES
- Post your work in the thread, preferably with some small explanation about it. Whether that be about any troubles you had fulfilling the prompt, how you went about it or how you think it turned out is up to you.
- Feedback is highly encouraged, but optional. No flaming please. Constructional critique is preferred. If you see a piece without feedback, consider leaving even a line about it. Keep feedback polite.
- Keep posts on/in topic. Try not to get too off-track, please.
- "Borrowing". As these threads may include both original graphical and musical creations please ask the creators instead of just adding them to your 'collections'. If authors don't mind adding full works, go ahead, but partial works are also encouraged. If someone states in their post that they do not want their work used, please try to refrain yourself from grabbing with your grubby hands. It makes you look like a fool and a thief when others' point it out. People have been given bad reputations and ostracized from communities for doing this.
- You may add to this topic at any time. A link to this and the other weekly topics to come will be added to the main topic each week. Feel free to add new work to any of them at any time.

If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas for prompts please see the
original thread.

ENJOY YOURSELVES!

PROMPT: INVENTORATIONALISMS
Items. Every game has them - whether they're little yellow dots you need to collect to finish a stage, pieces of meat to give you ULTIMATE POWER (TM) or shards of broken crystals that somehow allow you to change your job. One way or another you will need to create at least one item for a game. So, let's share a few of our items with each other - graphical, description, ideas-of or statistics. Whatever you feel like.

Go forth and create!

Previous Topics
WEEK SEVEN: INVENTORATIONALISMS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't understand, is this prompt regarding items or itineraries?

I think maybe itinerary means something other than what you think it means
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=144948
I don't understand, is this prompt regarding items or itineraries?

I think maybe itinerary means something other than what you think it means

Yeah. It means a plan. I think she meant "Inventory". How about "Innovative Inventories" for a title?
she might have meant inventory.
She did mean inventory. ^.^; I'd only just woken up. Fixer'd with a new not-wordism! Because if you're gonna cock a word up you may as well replace it with one that doesn't exist. XP
Ensorcelled Triple-Glaive of Dwarven Mightitude
One of many Virtuous Artefacts crafted by the Dwarf Lord Binomias, this triple-glaive (colloquially known as a scimiter) bestows upon its wielder the vim of twenty-eight Dwemer Swordsmasters. The intricate construction of this trichotomous sabre makes it virtually unusable to all but the most dexterous combatants.

Ghastly Tomahawk of the Unliving Duelist
Once used by the most famous Hellknight of the Baneful Order, Nomenclatus Rex, this umbral ax is perfect for slaying any and all Paladyns who would dare to stand against its slaughterous wielder. Though not mentioned in the Omniscient Compendium of Arteficing, it is a Pestilential Artefact of prodigious brutality.

i am a horrible person (these aren't real)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
How about "Inventory itinerary" for a prompt? Would that not mean "Plans for items"?

*on-topic*

Rod of Blasting
Makes certain eccentric individuals break out in song: "I've got a Rod of Blasting! Da-da-dum! Da-da-dum! Da-da-dum!" Silly song aside, a favorite for destroying objects. Inanimate or otherwise.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My game has hairsprays instead of helmets.

The final two are "Liquid Cement" and "Goku's Gel".

I think I need more silly names earlier on, though. Up until near the end of the game, they're all just normal types of styling products with increasing levels of hold.

I'm also kind of fond of my Sage Staff whose description indicates that it excels at Thyme Magic.
INVENTORHETORIC

Hairspray substituting for helmets is a pretty excellent idea.

also: why did I never think of the sage/thyme thing??? :c
The Thieve's Guilt
A magical item that, when held, shows you the location of treasure. Sadly that is it's only use.

Grappling Hook
Play the Wind Waker and you will know what it does.
THE MYSTIC ARMOR IS SOMEWHERE.

One of the things I'm doing for improving Altima is redoing items. The original items were alright but I'd like to, well, organize them and spend some time making them more interesting. I've got scripts and I'm not afraid to use them!

I've organized weapons and armor into extra groups beyond the basic types. Weapons are either Melee, Simple, Ranged, or Staff and each non-accessory armor group is in the Heavy, Light, or Anybody group. I restrict who can use what based on these groups (Front Line Heal Stick can't use Light armor or ranged/staff weapons for example) to help make each character more unique. The Anybody groups are usually restricted to special items (Like the aforementioned MYSTIC ARMOR) so a character's endgame usefulness doesn't come down to "can they equip it y/n" (although now all special equipment like that is one of a kind so it isn't a MYSTIC ARMOR party).

I also made a Merit Award accessory so a character can ignore equipment restrictions like this if they burn an accessory slot on it.

I also made some equipment that teaches skills as long as they're equipped. I'm trying to make these skills generally useful instead of a SuperSpell for high-spirit spellcasters. So far one is a huge self-aggro loss spell for characters that are near death or getting attacked a lot. Another is scan (only 1 of 12 characters learns a scan spell and the only other way to use scan is an expendable item). The last (so far) is DRAGONFORM, which gives a character buffs across the board and randomly use both Attack and Spirit based attacks.

I also have a staff that's a guitar labelled "Guitaromancer"
White Tail Tip of Precia

A prick of hair from the tail of Precia, the Fox God of Light, that is stored in a little glass vial and made into a necklace. Whoever wears it can borrow the power of Precia and merge with it!

In my game, each character has their own elements, so when you wear the necklace and use it, you can gain the power of light and be able to merge it with the character's element and be able to use combined magic! Very classic idea, but I like it!
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Kreer Report

An in-depth report about the processing of the Kreer. (Don't ask, its for my game, but its an important item you need... This IS what everyone was talking about with items right...?)
Pages: 1