MISAOS 2020 - DISCUSSION TOPIC

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
-raises hand-

Fragment's pretty fun

there's no squallbutts tho, so that's a little disappointing
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Fragment, I know about, if only through the context of the Trials of MZ event. It was one of my personal top five games in that event, and would recommend people play it, at the very least.

acai cOrner doesn't seem to be able to be nominated for this year. It doesn't seem to be flagged as commercial either, so, there's probably another reason why it's greyed out. My guess is that the game had an update to an established download from a previous year. Which is a perfectly reasonable action in many scenarios!

*Edit: I want to remind people that we're still very much in nomination phase, and that a game needs at least two nominations in order to even appear in the voting phase. If you game doesn't make it past nomination phase, please don't let that get to you. Consider it more of a challenge to do better next year!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
*stands up and raises hand*

i want to let everyone know that i didn't make a game this year nor last year and thus should definitely not be nominated.

*sits down*
Well, since it is encouraged to promote your own game or raise awareness to it, I would most certainly like to mention my game - New Eden, as well as its 5-episode expansions/spin-offs - Stories of New Eden.

I worked on New Eden since early 2017, even though I came up with the idea for it originally in 2015, actually. It is truly my passion project and I wanted to make it as good as possible - to convey the story that I always wanted to tell, to create a world that feels lived-in, even for an RPG Maker game and to create a game worth a mention, with inspirations drawn from many of my beloved franchises.

Apparently, people really love the game and it made me immensely happy and proud of myself through the year, as I am glad that all my work (thousands of hours of it) and my passion is noticed. I also patched it many times since its release and added a bunch of new content, as well! It has a character customization system, as well as home decoration and a bunch of exploring to do, which isn't often seen in games of this type.

So, anyways, I'd like to thank everybody who played it and complimented it, as well, with this post and I hope that it's at least debatable for a possible Misao nomination.

Also, the release date is February 2nd, 2020 - 02.02.2020. - how awesome is that?

*slowly exits the room*
I'd like my game, The Sun Is A Star to be considered. I marked it as completed this year. You can eventually have 6 characters in your party at one time. It has a CBS, CMS, and custom shop system. Towards the later parts, it has a lot of symbolism. Several artistic, musical cutscenes. A lot of the Skill commands are roughly balanced with the Fight command and lend themselves to difficult choices of which is best.
Marrend
Okay-ku!

Confirmed those three games could be nominated, and added to my list! I don't necessarily have a specific post for that set aside in this thread, but, maaaaaaybe I should? Particularly considering that I've posted it in full twice now!
I'd like to nominate my game for consideration!

After hundreds of hours of labor, I am proud to announce the launch of Kingdom of Neandria for the Nintendo Switch! The game is completely FREE to play and can be downloaded via the RPG Maker MV Player app. I would be super honored and appreciative if anyone gave it a chance and checked it out. Feedback is also more than welcome.

Steps to Download 'Kingdom of Neandria':
1. Go to the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch and search for RPG Maker MV Player. Download it! (It's free!)
2. Open the RPG Maker MV Player software, then search for 'Kingdom of Neandria' or Game ID: 405.
3. Voila! The game is now on your Nintendo Switch!

Please give it a play through if anything that I've mentioned here even mildly perks your interest. I think you will not be disappointed!

And follow me on Twitter @KNeandria!
Marrend
Oh, cool! Your gamepage is up!

Aaaaand, added to my list!

*thumbs up*
author=Marrend
Oh, cool! Your gamepage is up!

Aaaaand, added to my list!

*thumbs up*

Haha, yes! It only took a day after I sent the DM. THANK YOU!
After hundreds of hours of labor, I am proud to announce the launch of Kingdom of Neandria for the Nintendo Switch! The game is completely FREE to play and can be downloaded via the RPG Maker MV Player app. I would be super honored and appreciative if anyone gave it a chance and checked it out. Feedback is also more than welcome.

I nearly lost my mind trying to make just a ten minute game on a console RPG Maker lol. I admire your dedication!
I'm super excited to see Moonsong nominated in a few categories! There are some amazing games out there this year, it'll be an honour to lose to them.

;D
The fact that 7 Minutes is a mention is an honor. I'm glad the game was well receipted despite some of the problems with it and it means a lot that others enjoyed it as well. I hope to make more deep, story focused games in the future <3
Marrend
I didn't want to say anything until after the Secret Santa Big Reveal, but, playing Draug's Resurrection again, to the extent that I managed/did for said Secret Santa this year, makes me want to show it to more people. To get more eyes on it, because I really think this game is a hidden gem.

At the very least, I want to put it forward as a nominee for Demo of The Year. Sure, I ran across a pretty big bug during my recent play of it. Still, part of that may just be because the engine, itself, is starting to show it's age. The game needs a little finagling just to run, so, I don't know how much it can be fixed so that it runs without too much more finagling. Still, I feel this is game is going completely under the radar, yet has this potential to be greater than what it appears.
Marrend
I know it's on the front page, but, it's relevant to this thread. LordBlueRouge has done it again, and made a video....

...to encourage people to vote in the Misaos this year. The video may be geared more toward Beetle Ninja, but, could easily be applied to any game that's been mentioned on this thread. As LBR says:

Don't walk! RUN to the Misaos!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
this video is oh so delectable, and lord blue rouge delivers. the editing *chef's kiss* the humour *chef's kiss* and the importance *triple chef's kiss with a ratatouille flashback sending me back to the first time i tried rpg maker 2000 and yearning to be a part of something so magnificent as voting in the 2020 misaos* snap forward to the misaos, and i give lbr's restaurant the glowing review it needs to succeed as a place that inspires anyone to cook. even the lordest of blue rouges.

let's vote on the misaos, people
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
dope
i also like that Beetle Ninja is featured as that game got overlooked when released.

you know, my votes are in.
I'm throwing a last minute mention towards JuneFlowa's Labyrinth: Derelict Abyss and their prior game Remnants which both came out this year. They're pretty short but enjoyable unique experiences. Def a good choice for trippiest or original art assets.

Labyrinth: Derelict Abyss

Remnants
Marrend
Thanks for the mentions, Darken!

*thumbs up*

As a brief reminder, the nomination period for the Misaos ends the 31st of December. Well, I feel it's probably January 1st, midnight GMT? Either way, that means there isn't a heck of a lot of time left! Get your nominations in!

Don't walk! RUN to the Misaos!

Yes, I'm using LBR's tag-line. So sue me.
author=Marrend
Yes, I'm using LBR's tag-line. So sue me.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I kind of want this to catch on actually. One of the ideas I had was:

Don't (➜), But (B+➜) to the Misaos.

...But I don't know how to make it funny.

But yeah, it looks like we're going into this with 390 possible nominations this year.
It may look bad since we had about 556 nominations last year (2019).
But considering this unusual year we've had. It's still better than the 327 we got in 2018.

I'm kind of proud of what we were able to pull at the very last minute here.
My hat goes off to Marrend and RpgMakerAddict for doing such a fantastic job.

The numbers would've probably been a lot lower this year if we didn't do anything.
But now we have a really great list of games to choose from as well.

We'll have to see how the results turn out. So, good luck to all the contenders this year.

EDIT: 2021 is already starting kind of rough, but I'll see we can manage to start on November 1st so we can gather up more contenders next year.

Note:...something about rmn not having an automated system, Misaos done this way in the future might fix this problem and give more exposure to games we've missed out on for the current year.

EDIT2: Thanks again for posting the trailer Marrend! rough week here.
author=LordBlueRouge
But yeah, it looks like we're going into this with 390 possible nominations this year.
It may look bad since we had about 556 nominations last year (2019).
But considering this unusual year we've had. It's still better than the 327 we got in 2018.

Wow, that's quite a lot. I'm impressed. Even though I don't think any of my games were nominated twice in any category, since the focus is very much on other games, I'm very excited to see which entries will make the cut and I'm keeping an eye on Misaos. :)