MISAOS 2020 - DISCUSSION TOPIC

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Looks like I'm adding Slimes to the OP, then.

*thumbsup*
Slimes is great, but I remember voting for it last year - it was a 2019 finalist...
https://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2019/
unity
You're magical to me.
Hmmm, was it complete last year, or just a demo?

...Come to think of it, it seems to still not be marked as complete.
Worth mentioning, I just posted a major update to Trash Planet. So if you didn’t like certain things about the first game (like the font, which people said sucked eggs), might be worth giving it another shot!
author=coelocanth
Slimes is great, but I remember voting for it last year - it was a 2019 finalist...

It was just a demo then.
Marrend
author=coelocanth

You could say the same thing about WaUTaH. That it's now marked as "complete" doesn't stop it from being nominated it as "Most Promising Demo" for this year. Looking at the gamepage again, it was completed in October, putting that release within in the last quarter of the year.

I suppose the fact that it had a new download this year, and was flagged as "in progress" for any part of said year, may allow a game to be nominated/voted for "Most Promising Demo"?
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Not sure if anyone seen this, but it looks pretty cool:

Shadow Seeker
Marrend
Hasn't been mentioned yet; added it to my notes.

*thumbsup*
Wow, thanks for the recommendation guys! I actually just released a demo for Shadow Seeker around a week ago in case anyone is interested in trying it out :)
Hello!

I nominate Country of Snow, its a well elaborated game in 2k3, and i really enjoyed it atm, hope you check it too!
I don't know if it can count, but can I nominate my own Game or must be nominated by other people? I never participated on any miasao,

some weeks ago, i released my new Demo Remake from my game, and if still no one played it, its avaialbe in my profile, its done in RM2k3 with EasyRPG, so atm, i only can look forward to a "Best Non-English Game" amd "Most Promising Demo" hope someone can have a look at it :)
Marrend
The site disallows users to click on the "Nominate" button on gamepages they are listed as "developer" or "lead" on. However, that's not to say you cannot raise awareness of your game in this thread, and put it forward as a possible nomination for others. In fact, such activity is encouraged!

*jots down Legend of Heroen*
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
If you don't speak Spanish, then you probably don't know this, but Soeufans
is a legend in the Spanish RPG Maker community!

He made several helpful tutorials (some quite complex for the time, like a strategy game tutorial released in the early 2000's), worked for years on his magnum opus "Legend of Heroen" and was the admin for the biggest Spanish RPG Maker website for several years (Hellsoft).

He's been in the scene right from the start.
I'm always glad to see him pop up around here :)

Edit: I almost forgot the most important part, I'd like to nominate Legend of Heroen. I had no idea it had been remade.
author=Marrend
The site disallows users to click on the "Nominate" button on gamepages they are listed as "developer" or "lead" on. However, that's not to say you cannot raise awareness of your game in this thread, and put it forward as a possible nomination for others. In fact, such activity is encouraged!

:o T-this is ALLOWED?!?! Even encouraged?!

Well then I guess I'll...*ahem*

So, I made Glories of the Hunt this year for the 50 Days of Diversity event.

It's a relatively short (2 to 3 hours) game, where the heroine (and her girlfriend, hunting dog, and a gunslinging scholar) hunts down the Dragon that destroyed her home and family. Seeking closure, justice, and revenge, the four of them head off into the wild to face our heroine's deepest fear and trauma, and bury it.

Combat is done ATB style, with a secondary "Glory" mechanic that lets you build up to pull off epic moves without using up your turn, so you can overcome the monstrously strong enemies and bosses in your way.

I think it's got some of my combat system design to date, and it's probably my best narrative work. I really love the characters I created, and some of their scenes still tug at my heart even though I wrote them myself.

Although it's the third game in a setting I've used before, it's a standalone game. Although if you're played those, it's got some startling implications for the setting, and continues a thread started in the previous one.

I am still super thrilled that the one review for it sits at a 5/5. :) Never thought I'd see that happen, honestly.
Marrend
author=Aegix_Drakan

Yes!

*jots down Glories of the Hunt*
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=iddalai
Soeufans

Simon Belmont lookin motherfucker! :DDD

author=Aegix_Drakan

Bro how you gonna get people to play your game if they ain't even know it exists? Sheesh, you kids...
author=Sooz
Bro how you gonna get people to play your game if they ain't even know it exists? Sheesh, you kids...

This is why I'm a Narrative Designer and not in marketing! XD

I hate feeling like I'm pestering people!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Aegix_Drakan
author=Sooz
This is why I'm a Narrative Designer and not in marketing! XD

I hate feeling like I'm pestering people!

Hahaha same. I just wanna make games, I'm terrible at sharing them XD
heya, would like to bring up my own game, acai cOrner as a suggestion! A short rogue-like experience with the idea of making more progress in subsequent playthroughs, made in only 4 colors complete with bizarre enemies and level design!