DOING IT! - WEEK EIGHT - DOUBLE FEATURE!

Pages: first 123 next last
DOING IT!

Week the OMGwemissedone! eighth.

DOING IT! is a community event ran each week where a prompt is given and those who wish to fulfill it post their work here. It is entirely optional, you may join at any time - even after a week has finished. Feel free to post as many pieces as you like. Feedback is encouraged.

DETAILED EXPLANATION/QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS HERE

RULES
- Post your work in the thread, preferably with some small explanation about it. Whether that be about any troubles you had fulfilling the prompt, how you went about it or how you think it turned out is up to you.
- Feedback is highly encouraged, but optional. No flaming please. Constructional critique is preferred. If you see a piece without feedback, consider leaving even a line about it. Keep feedback polite.
- Keep posts on/in topic. Try not to get too off-track, please.
- "Borrowing". As these threads may include both original graphical and musical creations please ask the creators instead of just adding them to your 'collections'. If authors don't mind adding full works, go ahead, but partial works are also encouraged. If someone states in their post that they do not want their work used, please try to refrain yourself from grabbing with your grubby hands. It makes you look like a fool and a thief when others' point it out. People have been given bad reputations and ostracized from communities for doing this.
- You may add to this topic at any time. A link to this and the other weekly topics to come will be added to the main topic each week. Feel free to add new work to any of them at any time.

If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas for prompts please see the
original thread.

ENJOY YOURSELVES!

PROMPT: SPOILING THE SCENE
Two prompts this week! Firstly, open a graphical creation program and sketch a scene from your game. It matters not how good or bad you are. The rougher and more obscure, the better. Any scene - whether it be something you've yet to finalise or one that is basically complete - as long as it hasn't yet been shown in-game/demo/is known about by others - and post it here with no explanation.
Second task? Take someone elses picture and try to explain what you think is going on in it. Try not to get caught up in preconceived notions about the game itself when doing this. See how close you can get to being right.

EXTRA CREDIT: Make a quick sketch of your main character. Be as detailed or vague as you like.

Go forth and create!

Previous Topics
WEEK EIGHT: SPOILING THE SCENE

post=146475
scene left mainchar right

It's a guy arriving in a ghost town!

My scene soon!

I am literally the worst at drawing with a mouse.

Not a whole lot to interpret here but hey, it's a scene!

catmitts, that looks like some sort of pirate Cthulu with a wicked unibrow.

Pokemaniac, every character in your first picture looks like it was drawn by a completely different person (well, you know, except the monsters) and it's actually pretty awesome. Your second picture seems to indicate that the warrior applies a lot of mascara and the rogue is capable of changing his entire appearance at will!
@cho- Haha, thanks. Well, none of your deductions are correct, but that's my fault not yours. And that's the idea of this, isn't it?

@your image- An angel/demon takes some sort of harpoon from a chest while a different guy worships someone/something. @_@
None of yours are correct either 8D (well except that he's taking something from the chest but it's not a harpoon!)

And yeah I didn't really expect I'd be right. OH WELL

I'm tempted to draw a second picture of a different scene, because it's kind of fun to indulge in my own artistic ineptitude! For some reason.
Yeah, this is actually really fun!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate

Might be more fun guessing this pic if you've played Carlsev 1.
post=146491
Might be more fun guessing this pic if you've played Carlsev 1.

Sadly I haven't so I have no clue...

A guy stole rubies from a pyramid with a very convenient entrance?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Correct parts of the response:

A guy

a pyramid

a very convenient entrance
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You're making an MGS game?

Huge head alert! Huge head alert!

Deckiller: I'm gonna guess it's someone getting tortured for information, perhaps pertaining to the whereabouts of a person/place/thing? Am I anywhere near the ballpark?

This effectively summarizes the first hour of my game. Have fun deciphering it!

@Liberty- Someone is falling off a cliff and being rescued by a guy with a rope, or was climbing up the mountain.
Mostly. The falling and saving is right, but there's more to it than that. ^.^

I'm not too sure but - someone was murdered and another person was falsely accused and put in jail?
post=146505
Mostly. The falling and saving is right, but there's more to it than that. ^.^

I'm not too sure but - someone was murdered and another person was falsely accused and put in jail?
I seriously need to work on this stuff because the bold bit was all that was right in there. =P Not that I was trying to make it easy.

A bit more related to the game! (P.S. Not the main character.)

Also, Paint's fill tool sure does suck lol
Pages: first 123 next last