2021 MISAO NOMINATION MONTHLY DATA

Pages: 1
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The purpose of this thread is to track 2021 Misao nominations on a montly basis, and maybe throw a few notable games down for a basis of conversation.

January
Total nominations: 0
Notes/Events:
-Nominations closed due to being the voting period for 2020 Misaos
-Seasons 4 begins

Notable Games
-Blood & Grime (Best Game Profile, "Eye Candy" Award, Star Stealing Prince Award)

February
Total nominations: 26 (+26)
Notes/Events:
-Seasons 4 ends
-Lonely Hearts Pixel Event begins
-Release Maker Birthday begins

Notable Games:
-Deer, You Are Being Hunted (Best Game Title, Year of the Deer)
-Legend of the Mystical Deer (Year of the Deer, Best Lawsuit Waiting to Happen, The Dark Souls of RMN)
-The Lady Puppet (Most Promising Demo?)
-Sweet Middleground 4 (Summoner of Sounds, Best Game Profile)
-Decline (Summoner of Sounds)

March
Total nominations: 65 (+39)
Notes/Events:
-Release Maker Birthday ends

Notable Games:
-Yume Wheeky (Year of Deer, Best Game Title?, Punniest Game Alive?)
-Errevale Fall (Star Stealing Prince Award?)
-Cave Adventure R (???)

April
Total nominations: TBA
Notes/Events:
-Lonely Hearts Pixel Event ends(?)
-1.44 Floppy Disk event begins/ends

Notable Games:
TBA
Sooz
hey guys check it out, it's like the spear of destiny is my dick!
Yo this owns.
This is a very good idea, I like this
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I like this too! Not to jump the gun but it feels like OldPat's The Lady Puppet might get buzz in future? I dunno, that's just a Cash prediction :) I'mma play it this Friday to find out!
Marrend
I could see throwing in Dyhalto's Legend of the Mystical Deer as a "Year of the Deer" suggestion, at minimum. OldPat's The Lady Puppet is also on my docket, so, I'll see where that goes.
Looking forward to more with this throughout the year. Great idea Marrend.
Marrend
I want to hold off my commentary on the Seasons 4 games until the 28th, when I plan to do an update to the gaming diary thread. However, what games I have played from that event so far have been pretty good! Seasons 3 was kinda buried/forgotten last year, and part of my hope for this thread is to be a reference point to the Misao thread for this year unless this thread effectively becomes said thread.
I'll also be uploading an article that goes over the games (and I'll post it here) when I've finished streaming them. Which will start today.
Marrend
Main post updated with Seasons 4 games I've played. Commentary on such can be found under hide-tags, here. I'll be updating it again before going to sleep with the nomination count for the month!
Sooz
Is there a way to tell if your game has been nominated for anything? I need to know how much I need to pester my subscribers.
Marrend
Somebody like Liberty or kentona might be able to see that. As for anybody else, I don't think there's a way to tell? If there is, I'm certainly not aware of it!

*Edit: That aside, I could see Yume Wheeky being a possible contender for "Year of Deer", and the game title ("Best Game Title"?), is my kind of pun ("Punniest Game Alive"?).
Sooz
Welp guess I'm constantly pestering then! :V
Will online games be on the list of nominees? I'd love to have some online games listed in the gesture list.
Only if they have a game page on the site and fit the criteria.
Marrend
This thread is open to suggestions for notable games. However, as Liberty says, the game needs to have a gamepage on RMN to count for anything, much less what specific category it could be nominated for!
We do have some online games on the site already - some that are built around the MMORPG genre, for example, and others with online scoreboards. Not many, but they do pop up now and then.
Marrend
Updated the OP with a few notable games (in my opinion) from Release Maker Birthday. I should include my entry just because. Also, as a point of information, we're at 65 nominations as of this post!
Sooz
author=Marrend
Also, as a point of information, we're at 65 nominations as of this post!

Four more!
Marrend
Main post updated with March's info. It was about only nine days since the update from Release Maker Birthday, but, I was kinda hoping the number of nominations would move to 69. Alas, they did not! ;_;
Pages: 1